Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thoughtful Tuesday

Maybe today's post will make up a bit for Sunday's post. Maybe not.

Anyway, a couple of things. On the home front - I coined a word - moibles - mom's foibles. She likes to help around the house now and again. One of the things she likes to do, or at least tries to do, not sure if she likes it, is dishes. I don't like her doing dishes for two reasons, one of them is a moible. The first reason is that dishes don't get even as clean as I like them (and I am not all that fussy about cleanliness...). The second is the dishpan thing. That is one of her moibles. Putting things in a dishpan and then leaving them. So I have to stick my hand in cold icky water to start cleaning them. Oh, and she rarely does a pan. Another moible - eating ice cream. I need to buy more, speaking of which - anywho - I bought a six pack of heath crunch Klondike bars - my favorite - and ate one. Now they are gone. Good for her for eating! But she didn't mention that they were gone. Poof. I went looking for one last night and, poof! Oh well.

Daily Challenge has asked me to write 5 minutes about a stressor in my life. And that would have to be money. Sigh. I hate thinking about money, much less writing about it. First off, I don't believe in money. It is a man-made creation and doesn't exist in nature. I don't see a lot of animals going to the bank and giving them their seeds or nuts or whatever and then heading off to the grocery store and giving them, I don't know, a leaf that is worth ten nuts so that they can get a loaf of bread. (And who, generally, owns the banks (like the Federal Reserve)? Rich, greedy, fearful people...) Secondly, I believe in abundance - that there is enough in the universe for everyone in the universe to have enough. Of everything. There is bounty in fact. (On a side note, we might have to husband the bounty here on our teeny weeny planet - but there is still enough here...) Greed comes from a scarcity/fear mindset. Moving on, of course I know the cure for not worrying about money: having lots of it. So far, hasn't happened. It could. But I am choosing not to stress or worry over it over much. For now it is not a life or death situation. And that is my five minutes.

I did ok on my Spanish test. I have to keep telling myself that. I just got a little confused in the heat of the moment. Nothing I can do about it anyway at this point. And I did go to lab last night. Not at all prepared, and it was actually a good lab. Helpful (ish) and fun. I will have to tell Hazel (the TA for the lab) that I thought it was a good one. And I shopped and cooked. Oh and helped out the Chinese woman who took one spoken English class from me and then never contacted me again. I still think it was because my breath was bad. Oh well. Anyway, she had gotten a letter and didn't understand it. An insurance letter, but it was just information and nothing she had to do anything about. Her employer had the responsibility to do stuff.

Createspace sent me a note saying that they fixed the problem and are sending me another proof of Diary of a Plate Addict. Yippee!

At the grocery store, I found spinach. It has been in short supply around here recently. I couldn't even find any frozen spinach at walmart the other day. And I bought a twelve pack of Sausages - because it was $1.50 more than 6 of the very same sausages. Weird.

Pictures from October 25, 2011:

Didn't turn out as well as I imagined - but I still like it...

Fall tree - yay!

Found in the yard - a full can of Genesee beer - I poured it out...

Here they are - twelve for the price of 6 plus $1.50!

No comments: