Thursday, October 27, 2011

Gingerless

Apparently Ginger, the woman from the nursing support service, isn't feeling well today, so she won't be coming. Mom asked me if I wanted to do the things that she was going to have Ginger do and I said, no thank you! :)

I forgot to say that I got a 90 on my Spanish Test. Yippee! Very happy about that. Guess I will pass the class after all. Another test, an oral presentation and a final still to go (not counting quizes). 82 on the in-class essay, 68 on the first test and now a 90. Yippee! Easy C. :) Speaking of Spanish, I have some studying to do today!

XBox - The Force Unleashed was not for me. I enjoyed the game until I got to a place where I was supposed to jump over a gap and the 10 times I tried, I fell - just not worth continuing a game like that. Oh well. That is two that have failed - Red Dead Redemption has a disc error and now The Force Unleashed is going bye-bye. So I restarted Fable 3. Not as good as Fable 2 I think, but still fun. Yippee!

Here I am, not writing about something that is on my mind. Sigh.

I got the final proof of Diary of a Plate Addict yesterday. Awesome! It looks great. Now I just need everyone I know and ten of each of their friends to buy copies! Is that too much to ask? Hmm? My new schedule/plan is to head to NC the first week of December. That gives me enough time to order copies in a leisurely fashion, set up a website for paypal orders, communicate with Jeff at the Raleigh Saucer, etc. Sadly, it is the last week of classes at Hobart, so I am going to miss some stuff that will be on the Spanish final, but life is that way sometimes.

Beer at the Beef and Brew was pleasant. I had two draft beers since the bottled beers hadn't been changed. Hopefully they will be changed by next week. One of the beers I was going to have ran out before I got to have it. Sigh. Instead I had two great beers - Sierra Nevada Pale Ale and Rogue Dead Guy. Yay! Appropriate beer for the season. And I am not dressing up. I have had no brainstorm/epiphany about what to be. Oh well. Maybe next year?

Oh, I made a yummy "sauce" for the beef we had last night - onions, mushrooms, cream cheese and terryaki sauce - Worcestershire sauce would have also worked. Yum!


Pictures from October 26, 2011:

A beautiful fall morning here in Geneva, NY

New sorting baskets in my room - red for bills - green for things to be filed...one day...

This sign tickled me - Does it mean that Flu Shots are liable to walk in any time? :)

Beef with yummy sauce, artichoke and beans and peapods.



2 comments:

naturegirl said...

woo woo fire works !!! Congrats on the Spanish!!! Hard work does pay off ..Now wish I was a fly on that wall for oral presentations LOL..However, since you are into theatrics, that should pose to be no problemo :)

It's great you have the moojoo back on the book.. yay.. and a game plan too :)Way to go !!!

Dinner looks good as always.. however I am picking up on your cooking habits and notice you use cream cheese quite a bit. I have never cooked with cream cheese interesting. Do love artichokes thou :)
Nice pictures, bit rainy, is it cold yet.. any snow in the forecast?

Many questions today? ~ B

Augustus said...

Thank you B! I doubt the oral will be a challenge, either. The website hopefully will be up this weekend. And I do like me some cream cheese. So far, no meaningful snow in the forecast!