Saturday, October 29, 2011

36!

I was thirty-six once. Seems like a long while ago now - 14 years? Where was I fourteen years ago. That would be 1997 - still working for Macromedia - maybe that was the year I was based out of New York City. I believe it was. Goodness, I was leading a charmed life at that point. Wow. Thank you for the memory!

But, once again, digression has occurred! Can one digress before one begins? Anyway, a thirty-sixth follower has joined or come out in the open! Yay! Welcome, welcome, welcome! Fear not, the blog will not become any more interesting now that you have officially joined! :)

Onward and backward now - kinda like Rand's journey through the crystal spires in WOT...yesterday was a very good day. Most of my days are good, which is pleasant. Yesterday was better. It was coldish here in Central NY. Not winter cold yet - still crisply fall. And it was sunny. I did a little stealth sorting - for those of you who are new to the blog, stealth sorting is when I do some sorting of mom's papers without her being there. Honestly, stuff that has been in a box for 6 months to 16 years, I don't think she would miss any of it - but the more pithy stuff, I do try to save and give her a chance to sort. Still, I like to do some stealth sorting and haven't done any in quite a while. I played a bit, went food shopping and cooked Salmon and veggies for dinner. Mom does like her salmon. Hey, speaking of Salmon, did everyone see the report that came out that a lot of fish for sale is not the fish it claims to be! Halloween in the fishing industry all year 'round. What a surprise! Ok, not really a surprise. Greed again...

A couple of songs keep going through my head - one of them a Beatles song, one a song from West Side Story.

Work has begun on a down and dirty book website. I hope to have it up and running by the end of Sunday. Bar Dreams and Diary of a Plate Addict both will be available. Though DoaPA won't be shipping until I actually have copies in hand...

Last night was the first Friday night that I have been out and about in a long, long time. Generally I don't like going out on Friday nights as it is too crowded in most places. Last night I went to two and neither was overwhelmingly thronged. The first was a Halloween thing at the Ramada. There was a very tall Little Red Riding Hood, who won a prize for funniest costume. And many other people were dressed up. I did not number in that group. A decent band was playing, whose name I do not know. I am guessing some local one. I certainly don't know the music scene here in Geneva. After a bit, I headed over to Red Dove Tavern, which was remarkably empty! It was easy to find a seat - which is not always the case there. Laura was my server - haven't seen her in a bit. They had changed up many of their beers, so a return visit is going to be necessary. I need to ask them about videotaping and such...And I was feeling a bit peckish - so I ordered the duck wings. Spicier than I thought they were going to be, still enjoyable. I brought most of them home. Yippee! And to top it all off, despite it being cloudy this morning, the sun is still shining. Whatever the heck that means...

Photos from Friday, October 28, 2011:

Sunny fall morning here in Geneva

Another package came yesterday - I splurged a little bit...if $13 is a splurge...

Duck wings from Red Dove Tavern

No comments: