Thursday, October 20, 2011

When did it become Thursday?

Time continues to wobble weirdly. Last I knew it was Monday. Oh well. Yay Thursday!

Waiting on a the second proof for Diary of a Plate Addict. This one is costing more than the first cost, I think, for some reason. I don't understand why. The shipping is costing more. And the time is less quick - Estimated delivery is Monday. Which means that my trip to NC will definitely be postponed. Sigh. But that does give me more time to get my act together. Thank you Brigitte (and others) for your helpful advice. We shall see what comes of it.

Yesterday was beer day at the Beef and Brew. Steve and Mike were there and updated the beer specials just for me. They are still on a German kick, so we had to pick German Beer. Honestly, I now find most German beer to be fairly boring. The choices yesterday were Bitburger from Bremen, Beck's and Beck's Dark. I saved the dark for last and was, sadly, underwhelmed. Long ago it was one of my favorite beers. Mainly because there weren't a lot of dark beers to choose from. But all in all, a good time was had by all. Yippee!

Dinner was beer brats, broccoli and baked beans. I overcooked the broccoli a little. Sigh. Everything else was dandy. Hot dogs and baked beans is one of my comfort foods. Speaking of comfort foods, I really need to clean out the refrigerator of left overs again. There are way too many in there.

What else happened yesterday, you may be asking? Well, can't say as there was a whole lot else of excitement to recount.

Today, some study for the Spanish Exam on Monday, whatever puttering mom wants to accomplish if any. Maybe a "reading" tonight. An author, Mary Gaitskill, is going to read something from something. If I can get my act together in time, I will go. It is not till 7:30. I also hope to accomplish a couple things from my list. We shall see!

Photos from October 19, 2011:

My last Hooker's Watermelon. :(

Turns out mom doesn't like sauerkraut!

Mom's freshly made bed with brand new sheets!


No comments: