Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Almost but not quite

I wonder how you say that in Spanish...I like idioms and phrases like that in other languages. Makes one's conversation more fluid and natural sounding. Speaking of Spanish, I got my Spanish test back today and suffice it to say that the studying apparently paid off...

Last night I was going to go to the Cedar Inn for the second time - the first was years ago with Roger Farrand. I had a tuna melt. Weird the things that we remember. This time, it was closed. So off to MacGregor's in Canandaigua instead. They have a great selection of draft beer. I tried a few before choosing Southern Tier's Pumpkin, which had some nutmeg in it and tasted a lot like pumpkin pie. I liked this better than actual pumpkin pie, though. Then I had a beer from Novia Scotia - I will have to look at the picture I took of the taps - Anderson Knight or something like that - they had three styles, I tried the Brown - which was not awesome. I like MacGregor's and don't get there frequently enough. Tami, the bartender, was pleasant.

All in all a pleasant day yesterday. I did some studying, did laundry, did some grocery shopping and ended up making shrimp eggrolls for dinner. Mom asked me why there were shrimp in the eggrolls. I told her it was because she liked shrimp. Me, I would like some variety - chicken and perhaps pork or even vegetable eggrolls, but I haven't done any of those lately. Maybe I will make a few and freeze them...I haven't decided what to do for dinner tonight, yet. But, I have, once again, digressed. Mom got in a cleaning mood again yesterday. And it irked the hell out of me for some reason. I think it was the whining that got to. "I don't know where this came from." "I've never seen this before." "I don't know what to do with this." Grrrr. But we got through it. Barely. Yippee!

Photos from October 26, 2011:

The rear entrance to our local laundry place

I am getting better at rice!

Cool Magic Hat taps and Alexander Keith is the brewery from Nova Scotia


2 comments:

naturegirl said...

Casi pero no todo ! WOOO WOO Studying absolutely pays off YAY..

Been a bit busy here lately, too many Dr. appointments so again having to play some catch up and my internet was down. Happy to read DPA is active again.. Maybe soon, one can hope.

Nice pictures, need to learn how to make egg rolls. Is it difficult? Have been contemplating changing my diet to a raw diet .. for health reasons.

Love your thoughts on money.. make great points ! It would be nice if life were only that easy.. LOL..

Since I've been unemployed I have learned to do with out a lot.. BTW start my new job Nov. 14th..

a bientot mon ami!

Augustus said...

Thank you! Could I use that like the phrase, Close But no Cigar? Making eggrolls is easy! And congratulations on the job!