Thursday, October 6, 2011

It's my weekend!

Yes, you read that right! Weekend! Party!! Ok, maybe not so much party. But it is my weekend. A really looooong weekend. My Spanish teacher gave us Friday off and we have Monday off as well. Woo hoo! Lots of time to redo plates in Diary of a Plate Addict. Yippee! Joy and rapture! I have already started to try to figure out how to do it in my head...Hopefully I will get it done today so that we can get the final draft of the book done soon! I wonder how Heather is coming on the other changes I requested. And I still haven't come up with a final line.

And we have exciting weekend plans! All are contingent on whether or not mom feels up to doing them, of course. Friday is a play in downtown Geneva. A group called "The Headless Sullivans" are performing Copenhagen. I think I have heard of it...something about Physics...ought to be enjoyable. Then on Saturday, we are doing something beer related. Maybe a brewery, maybe a pub, maybe both. :)

Speaking of beer, yesterday was beer day at the Beef and Brew! Steve had once again changed up the beer list. Yippee! Three more beers on special. And none of them on my list so far. Huzzah! Spaten Lager, St. Pauli Girl Lager and a hefe weiss. I like going in during the afternoon - I can really chat with people. Speaking of which, I got two people to sit down for beer interviews: Anna, a server there, who surprised me by liking dark beers, and Joe, owner of Joe's Hots, a hot dog restaurant here in Geneva, which I guess I will have to patronize now. I have wanted to, just haven't gotten around to it. He is a beer fan, so we had lots to talk about. After I am done with the first round of trying to sell Diary of a Plate Addict, I will turn more attention and energy to working on the beer blog thing. Still excited about it, just haven't put the mental energy into it that it needs. Oh, that and the Self-Help book and the brewpub book...still haven't decided whether or not I am going to take classes this winter. I am leaning towards no...

Ok, a little xBox aside. It is one of my guilty pleasures, playing on the xBox. I have been stuck playing MW2 for a long time now. Trying to finish up some pointless chalenges. Sigh. It can be really frustrating sometimes. Ok, frequently. I am really just marking time until the next Elder Scrolls comes out in November. I do have other games I could be playing, but right now, none of them appeal. But with my long weekend, maybe I will find time to do some experimenting. (I do also need to do some Spanish homework to keep up - just because we don't have class, doesn't mean we don't have homework...)

Pictures from October 5, 2011:

The next area for repair at 81 St. Clair St.

Mom keeping her nose warm

Repair in the back entry underway!

2 comments:

naturegirl said...

Sounds like a "festivitus" weekend ahead! Thanks for addressing the "plate" thing. So I see by your definitions I should have a good many.. hahahaha.. so 1. now how does one obtain these plates ? and 2.) Are they a "specific" plate, say with decorations..etc.. just peeking my curiosity.

Thank you's are extended for the motivation to moving my handwritten journals to more blogging at my blog site. :) as well as adding pictures.

I will blog and add pictures to the Beer Fest I will be attending.. so excited!!!

Augustus said...

Hi! One obtains plates by joining a club at one of the Flying Saucers' locations. And the plates vary tremendously from Saucer to Saucer and person to person...

I will look forward to seeing your Beer Fest blog post!