Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sometimes I am surprised

Sometimes I am surprised, pleasantly, about what pictures I have taken on a given day. Sometimes, not so pleasantly. I wasn't sure what pictures I took yesterday, turns out two ok ones. They will, of course, appear below. And so far, I haven't missed a day - at least one picture every day. Yippee!

It is interesting to me to look at iPhoto and see where I was a year ago. At this point last year, I was heading toward a mini-beer festival in Nashville at the Nashville Saucer. Visiting my good friend Melissa (I wonder how she is doing, actually) in Asheville.

Sadly, I got my proof of Diary of a Plate Addict from Createspace yesterday. Sadly because there was a conversion issue and all of the flip book elements disappeared! How weird is that! I called them and they said they would try to fix it on their end - this just adds time. At this point, I am definitely not going to be in NC for Halloween! Poop city! I am hoping that I will just push the visit back a week, but I am not going to schedule anything until I have ordered copies of the book. I wish I could afford to buy 500. Not that I think I will sell 500 at the Raleigh store in one fell swoop, though that would be nice. But it would be good to have that many copies. I still have no sense of how many copies I will sell. I did have a thought - reach out to my meet-up friends and see if they will post meet-ups related to the book. I know Steve from Tri-Beer will. Maybe the Snob Free Wine people will. Maybe one of the social groups will. The more the merrier!

Lazy day yesterday. I did attend Spanish class - and if my practice test had been graded, I think I would have gotten another 68. Sigh. Studying today and tomorrow for sure! Though I do want to go out tonight. Take mom to a new-to-us restaurant somewhere. I would, of course, like it to be a brew pub, but I don't know any that are near enough, that I haven't already been to.  Hmm, food for thought.

Pictures from October 21, 2011:

I splurged and bought cookies dough in a bag! Yum!
Is it odd that I enjoy doing dishes by hand?!


No comments: