Friday, September 30, 2011

A Friendly's Night

Mom likes to go to Friendly's, as I have mentioned before. I figured last night was a good night to do so - so that I wouldn't have to cook or clean. So I could study more Spanish. Not that it helped. I know what I know and I will do as well as I do. Friendly's was pleasant. We had a server we have had before - one of my favorites, actually, Lorena. Mom had a hamburger, I had steak tips. I might make the rest of the steak tips into a Philly cream cheese and steak sandwich. I made this once back in Clayton and it was too darn delicious!

Ok, off to my Spanish Exam. Eeek!

Well, I survived my exam. How I did is anyone's guess. Truth be told, I blanked on a couple of things - like how to conjugate a verb when it is impersonal - is it the person who is being impersonaled or the object of the impersonal thing - who or what is the verb supposed to agree with. We only went over it briefly one day in class - I thought I had it, but who knows. And when to use the preterito or imperfecto - and all the irregulars - no clue! Sigh. I will be happy if I passed. Obviously, I will post here when I know. Probably not until next Friday (which will be deep in October already!).

What else happened yesterday, you may be asking? Well, as I pointed out on a post on Facebook, I realized that the only reason I was holding myself to a specific schedule to go to Raleigh was because of Spanish class. That meant that as long as I was willing to live with whatever consequences there might be from missing one class more than we are "allowed," that I could go down anytime - which means that we can go around Halloween - a time I really enjoy the Saucer because sometimes the servers dress up. And I like that. Yippee!

That, and studying, were about it for the day. Yippee!

Oh, we broke the record for views this month - or we will by the end of the day. Hurrah! Still, more followers would be dandy...

Photo from September 29, 2011:

Our Friendly's meal

No comments: