Thursday, September 8, 2011

Drizzle Day

Getting a late start today. I think I needed the sleep. Yippee for sleep, petit mort. I do like to dream. And I think my dreams are in color - or at least sometimes I remember color in them.

My picture taking has become a little labored. I am not taking as many pictures of the food I produce, partially because I am producing boring food. And I am not taking many pictures around the house because I have taken them all already. And out and about, there is just the college, which I again have photographed ad nauseum. I would like to take pictures of my Spanish class and class mates - perhaps they will let me at some point. And the "teaching fellows." I met the last one last night, Wendy; her Spanish name is Yolanda, so she goes by Yoli. Very nice. Very enthusiastic. Very helpful. She is a bio-chem major and Spanish Double Major.

I went to Beef and Brew last night as well. I might have to stop going there on Wednesdays. It started to fill with college kids at around 9:30. Not that I don't like college kids, but it turns into a bar at that time - lights low, loud music, very crowded. So it is hard to video tape. Again, I would like to get some college kids talking about beer for the video blog. Maybe one day. I only had two beers and I think one of them I had videotaped before. I really need to go through what I have taped already and write it down. Sigh.

Yesterday was also productive for Diary of a Plate Addict! I assigned the book an ISBN number and got the bar code for the book. Those are both in Heather's lovely and capable hands! Yippee! Working on the Library of Congress Control Number...Baby steps. Oh, and I started talking with Createspace about doing their program rather than Lightning Source's. It looks like it is a lot less expensive up front and gives me more money in my pocket in the back end. Thank you Charles for suggesting it! Heather hasn't said anything, yet, about whether or not we want to put anything on the spine. I am torn - I think it is more professional when there is something on the spine, but it is also a teeny weeny spine...

Mom stayed in bed almost all day yesterday - ostensibly because it was so cold - 65 or so outside. She did finally get up for dinner - which was a kitchen sink omelet. Of which I did not take a picture. Sigh. We also figured out her zoloft, with the aid of my latest crush, Lindsay the floating Pharmacist. Yippee!

Ok, here are the exciting pictures from yesterday, September 7, 2011:

 My camera takes a long time to be ready to take a picture...

The boots on the left are totally "in" just now - every other female student was sporting a pair yesterday.

No comments: