Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Mysterious Disappointments

Mysteriously, I am disappointed, in several areas. Mysteriously, because one thing I promised not to write about and the other I am choosing not to write about. I am sure the people who read this can figure out what those disappointments are. Or not. I don't really care.

Moving on. Today is Young Frankenstein day! Yippee! Road trip, new place to eat, theatre - sounds like an awesome day. Glad it is later in the day, though, so that mom has more time to wake up. She took a shower last night, without the histrionics that occurred last time. That made me happy. I am still thinking of looking into "Rebath." This is a company that comes and changes the bathroom into one that is fit for older people. We shall see. If it isn't too expensive, we will probably do it.

Yesterday, I did some errands - library, beer drinking, food shopping and other shopping. I had good fun at the Beef and Brew yesterday. Lorraine was, as always, the day bartender. Becky, a new to them server was working - she is feisty! - and Amy - their pastry chef was also working. So the three of us chatted while I had my three beers. Drinking through their list of 140 beers! I think my going weekly is good for the bar as they are forced to evaluate and go through their stock. Yay me! :) The library was easy - they took Kennedy's Brain off of my list. I am sure I returned it - what happened to it, heaven alone knows. Then food shopping at Wegmans - I had to get the ingredients for making the bbq ribs. Boy howdy they turned out well. I was sad to discover that corn on the cob season is over. :( Oh well, we will eat other veggies. I hope they will last until Friday, which is the next time I am cooking a full meal. Last stop, Wal-mart. I was mainly going there for toilet paper - we needed more - and decided to get mom another set of sheets as well. Personally, I think she ought to get rid of the king sized bed and get a queen or even a double or full sized bed. But that is a conversation for another day. And some napkins. And soda water - Wegman's was out of the kind of soda water that mom likes. Wal-mart didn't have that, but I got her another brand instead. All in all, lots of shopping. And by the time I got home, it was time to cook and clean the kitchen (no, I didn't cook the kitchen...). We didn't end up eating until almost 8 pm. Sigh. But it was worth the wait, in my opinion.

Then I tried to study Spanish. I still don't understand, sometimes, when to use Preterite and when to use Imperfect - oh well - at least I am getting better at conjugating the verbs in the two tenses (and present). Yippee!

Pictures from September 27, 2011:

At the Beef and Brew

Ribs ready to roast! :)

Dinner: bbq ribs (homemade BBQ sauce), baked beans and homemade coleslaw!

No comments: