Sunday, September 4, 2011

Still Warm here...

It is September and still warm here in beautiful Geneva, NY. Yippee! Though, this nice weather isn't going to last. I saw in the weather forecast that it is going to be in the high 60s for much of the week next week. Yippee.

We had adventures yesterday, albeit small ones. Not much during the day - I took the day off from doing anything too constructive. I read a lot, worked on Spanish - oh, that was a good thing...I was having problems with an app that I downloaded to my phone, a Spanish learning program. I wrote them and they kindly sent me the computer version! Awesome! Now I just have to actually watch them. :)

Mom's friend, Lyn, works at an art gallery/space here in Geneva. I didn't even know that the place existed until he mentioned it. Anyway, they were having a closing exhibition reception, so mom and I went. Turns out that there were a lot of stairs. Never a good thing for mom. But she did run into a professor friend of hers that she likes a lot. The art was printed materials - looked like they were mostly art projects from college kids. The food was lackuster and there was no wine to take the edge off. But the space was cool, the art, what there was, was nice and mom got out which is always a good thing.

After visiting the show we went to Uncle Joe's - a restaurant that has been open as long as I have been alive - though I have only been there twice, I think. The food is good - mom had a halibut sandwich, I had pizza, and the atmosphere is retro and cool. I don't know if we will go there again anytime soon, but I am glad we went.

Two little things - mom has been putting on two different colored shoes lately. Not sure how to help her organize herself so that doesn't happen. And though it is annoying, it is also cute - a little habit of hers that she started about 15 years ago, after her shoulders started bothering her. To hand someone something she basically lifts it about six inches and moves it about an inch towards the recipient. Gee, how very helpful! :)

Paid a few of my bills today - going to pay some of mom's this afternoon. And we are going to go to the movies! Yippee!

Pictures from September 3, 2011:

Mom's new fashion statement!

Lyn in red, helping with a printing demonstration!

Mom looking on as I take pictures of food...

No comments: