Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Trusty Tuesday

What a solid, dependable day, Tuesday is! Ok, no idea what I am talking about there. Just trying to come up with a good headline and, well, I failed. So, sue me.

Diary of a Plate Addict continues on its merry path. Heather tells me that she got about halfway through the edits and changes that I requested! Huzzah! She does, though, have a big dance team competition this week, so she has been busy. I am just thrilled that she got as much done as she did. We are still on schedule for an October release. Yippee!

It was a weird day, yesterday, actually. I don't know why. I did wake up at a decent time. Puttered a bit, made lunch for mom and me. Then I went to a winery to taste beer. A few weeks ago (days?) I met a nice guy named Evan who friended me on Facebook. (Why isn't 'friended' a recognized word yet? It is way different than befriended, though I guess that would work as well...wouldn't be the first time that English has two words that are similar in meaning...anyway...) Turns out that his family owns a Winery just down Seneca Lake from Geneva. And that he has recently graduated college with a degree in beverage making - Wine and Beer. So his dad has a couple of his beers on tap at the Winery/Farm/House. I went down there and was hoping to run into Evan again, but he was out and about. So I just tasted wine (free-ish glass) and the beer. Everything was very good. Actually some of the better reds that I have tasted here in the Finger Lakes thus far. And both beers were good. One was light and refreshing, the other a little sweater and very drinkable.  They also had wine slushies which were yummy!

After that I headed home and ended up stopping at Vonnie's - a place I have seen frequently but up until then had not patronized. Nice little place - met Vonnie herself. Had a beer, Ithaca's Cascazilla - not a great or creative beer selection. I also had some poppers. Yay poppers! And yay free wifi!

Next stop, home - oh, forgot, I ran errands earlier - got some medicine for mom and also went to the library to drop off a couple of books. Yippee! I love returning books to the library on time! Anyway, after getting home, I did a lot of nothing. Left overs for dinner - my eggrolls really don't freeze well. Cooked Cod for mom and she said it was bland. Sigh. Then to the Beef and Brew - but it was just plain weird feeling. Kinda crowded, three new staff members and they were about to start trivia. I just couldn't face it. So I am planning on heading there this afternoon to have my three beers. Sadly, they are not a great selection in my opinion. Amstel Light and some wheat beer just make the whole list suck - the last is Custom Brewcrafters Cream Porter which ought to be interesting at least. I am going to save that one for last. Yippee!

Pictures from September 13, 2011:

 An awesome willow tree at the Miles Winery.

The outside of the Miles Winery.

Vonnie's boathouse - the sign - don't know if I will go again anytime soon...

Parker's Geneva is getting a facelift - funny, these doors look a lot like the one's that were on Sonny's before - which is now Halsey's. Anyone confused?



No comments: