Saturday, September 10, 2011

Feeling Unmotivated

Again. Still. I haven't done anything around the house lately, except for put down the stair strips, change a lightbulb, keep the handy man moving forward, cook, etc. No sorting, no cleaning out rooms, no taking stuff to the recyclers. And I certainly haven't done anything on my next book. Sure I am maintaining, but I don't feel like I am moving forward in any aspect of my life. I am not sure what to do next to increase my surface area (in the realm of finding a life mate)(speaking of which, yesterday was one of those days where all I see are women who are attractive and they are everywhere - sure, most of them are half my age, but still...), what to do about creating streams of income, what do about anything, actually.

I did finish the latest book in the Song of Fire and Ice series - now we can wait another two or 6 years before George RR Martin puts the next one out. Not a lot happened in the book - too many characters - and in this one not enough of the Starks, who I thought were the heroes of the story. Well, a lot of Jon - whose part ended with a scary cliff hanger. And a lot of Danaerys (dragon girl). I still can't figure out who the good guys are, if there are any in this series. Next up, The Hunger Games. I have all three books in hand - they look like easy reads.

An adventure is needed. Something to get me out of the house. With or without mom. Just a short one would do. I am thinking of going to a beer tasting on Tuesday. I would like to do something today as well. Maybe go to a brewpub for dinner. We shall see what mom is up for. Lately she has not gotten out of bed until the afternoon. I don't know what is up with that. And she has been complaining of the cold, though it has been in the 70s for the past few days. Sigh.

Readership on this, the most boring blog on the internet, seems down - I think some of my "followers" aren't really following. Oh well. Maybe it is just that time of month or year...In any case, I will just keep plugging along in a happy sort of way. :)

Pictures from September 9, 2011:

 I have seen the buttons/lights on the side of the toaster for months - I just realized that pushing the one will pop up the contents! Yay modern technology! :)

 I found this trashcan beside a dumpster as I was walking home one night. Huzzah!

 A six liter pot to replace the five liter pot that had a broken handle. I like it a lot!

 I think this is a meat tenderizer - it will make a good weapon when the Zombies attack!

 Awesome dinner, if I must say so myself. Steak cooked with onions, mushrooms and wine, artichokes, baked carrots and steamed green beans!

4 comments:

Sam said...

That dinner does indeed look awesome! Did you use the meat tenderizer also pictured for the steak?

!

Augustus said...

I actually used a different one on the steak. I think it really helped! If we do come out for a week in the later winter and stay with you (We being mom and I) then I will be happy to attempt to recreate this meal for you and yours!

Jeffrois said...

Okay, Augustus: (1) A vase. (2) A trash can. I hope your "finds" don't indicate you're on the slippery slope to dumpster diving. Maybe next time you can try for a lost puppy.

Augustus said...

Um, er, I do pick up random cans and bottles that are redeemable for 5 cents (where is the cents key?) now and again - but I have restrained myself from actually going into a trash can or dumpster...so far. Who knows what the future will bring? And I have found money on the street - $5 is the most to date...no puppy for me for the foreseeable future, even if I did find one. Unless it was really cute... :)