Monday, September 26, 2011

Pudding

As in the "proof is in the..." which is a phrase I have never really understood. Anyway, I am very excitimicated because I just put in an order for two proof copies of Diary of a Plate Addict. One for me, one for Heather. Sadly I couldn't ship them to two different locations, so I will just have to mail hers to her after I get the copies in the mail. Yippee!

Slept absolutely miserably last night. Not sure why. Just tossed and turned and had Spanish nightmares (conjugating verbs in my sleep and worrying about the exam on Friday). Sigh.

All I did yesterday was conjugate Spanish Verbs and play xBox. Oh, I did cook dinner, which was breakfast. And did some food shopping. And had game night at Charles' house. It was a fun game - a cooperative game - I haven't played many of those - the players against the game. And apparently it is almost impossible to win. It was actually fun, as far as we got. I think it will take more than two hours to finish. We shall see what next week brings.

Today is the first day of the community service girls coming. Mom is already up and about, which in and of itself makes this a worthwhile activity. Yippee!!

Pictures from September 26, 2011:

Egg, potato hash, bacon and spinach

I put a tissue box out of mom's reach so that she wouldn't steal it - which she has a tendency to do. :)

Arkham Horror - seems like a really fun game!

4 comments:

naturegirl said...

Woo woo for the proofs, as yet another step is taken toward the finale, Yipee!!!!

I have to say, I giggled a bit upon reading about Spanish nightmares, not at you, but with you. I too have had similar nightmares, when learning to decline Latin nouns and verbs. So I do empathize ! Been there done that !!! I am sure you will do well:)

Mikado .. Nice.. One of my top five faves, top being Madame Butterfly. Wish my little town, had more cultural and theater life. For that I have to go to Philidelphia, which isn't a bad thing, I just dislike the traffic.

:)

T Regan said...

According to Bartlett's Familiar Quotations, the phrase dates back to at least 1615 when Miguel de Cervantes published Don Quixote. In this comic novel, the phrase is stated as, "The proof of the pudding is the eating."

Augustus said...

I just saw Madame Butterfly this summer on HD in the theatre. Cool stuff - do you watch those Brigitte?

Augustus said...

Thank you Tim! I have such smart friends! :)