Thursday, September 1, 2011

New Interface

Same blogger. I need to breathe and relax and enjoy the new interface. Yippee. It is so, I don't know, stark feeling perhaps. Anyway, I don't think it will affect how the blog actually looks - hmm, maybe I will need to take a look at a post and see. Someday. Ok, later today, even. In a few minutes perhaps, depending on how easily the thoughts flow. Yesterday was another day - not scintillating, not terrible. Getting up early to go to class isn't, yet, onerous. We met our Teaching Assistant or whatever she is called. Hazel Morales. Not overly impressed with her just yet. We shall, of course, see. There were some new faces in class, and a couple of people weren't there. Like the other old guy. I wonder if he will be there on Friday. I kinda hope not. So far, I like Frannie best, of the students in the class. Mainly because she is the only one who has taken the time to actually talk to me. Oh, I found a free flashcard maker for my iPhone and have started making Spanish flashcards. I have always found flashcards helpful - not actually going through them, usually, but the making of them helps me a lot! We have homework for tomorrow (eeek!) which I will do today. I am torn about the workbook - I would like to leave it pristine so that I can sell it back. I still can't get over how expensive educational books are. Anyway, yay Spanish!

Mom had another PT appointment yesterday. Honestly, just getting her out and about is a good thing. She has an exercise to do at home, which I don't think she will ever do. I will try to help her to do it, but neither of us is much for exercise. Yes, I do yoga every day, but just a little bit and nothing too strenuous or laborious. While she was PTing, I went and ran a couple of errands - I got a replacement for a pot with a broken/dangerous handle (yippee), a new trashcan for mom's bathroom and two of four replacement drip catchers for the stove. Mom gets bees in her bonnet - the most recent was that the drip pans needed replacing. It is easier to just do it than to resist. After picking her up, we discovered that she had left her purse there. Sigh. She has also been on a bit of a cleaning streak - perhaps because Ginger is supposed to be coming today. Anyway, I try to encourage these whenever they occur (once every six weeks or so, it seems...)!

Work continues on other fronts. I did a few pages of Diary of a Plate Addict yesterday. I think I am up to page 49 in the text (59 in the file). I hope to have completed copies in my hand by October 1 so that I can go to Raleigh and sell copies the week of the 8th. Gee, lots to do for that, then! I also did some more video taping last night for the beer video blog. Not getting enough other people involved yet. And I haven't looked at any of the footage. I just haven't made the time for it. I really need to get caught up in Spanish and get DPA done before getting into the whole vblog thing. Though that won't stop me from working on the footage. And drinking the beer. I think I have put 13 in the camera so far. All right friends, followers and fans, time for pictures from August 31, 2011:

The doorway to Spanish learning! Just walk through... 

Spinach quiche cooling! 

Hard to tell, but that is a new drip thingie...

2 comments:

Kim C. said...

FYI Oct. 8 = World Beer Festival in Durham.

Augustus said...

Thank you Kim! I wonder if the Saucer is going to be there - and if I can advertise with them...I need someone to help me market the damn book!