Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Mikado (and other things)

Our adventure for the day was going to see The Mikado at the Smith Opera House. For those who don't know, The Mikado is one of the best known Gilbert and Sullivan Operettas. I have seen it a couple of times. This was an excellent production. Done by the same guy who did the Opera I worked on in the summer. Great set, costumes, singing, sight and lyric gags. All in all, a very enjoyable show. Mom and I got there a little on the late side, but managed to find seats not too far back and smack dab in the middle! Great seats! I saw lots of people from the opera there - also some of the usual, Geneva suspects. I didn't talk to too many - I did speak with Sam which was nice. And Charles and Erika (I apologize for forgetting your name, Erika!) chatted with us in the parking lot - we even had parked our cars next to each other!

Let's see, what else happened that was exciting or interesting...oh, I decided that I really need to spend some time practicing verb conjugation if I am to pass the Spanish Exam on Friday. So I have created a sheet to print out so that I can practice and practice and practice. Sigh. Brute force practicing. Isn't it fun?

Pizza for dinner - leftover pizza - that was enhanced with oregano and garlic salt! Wow, what a difference that made! Yay! I haven't decided what I am doing for dinner yet - but I am cooking something. Most likely breakfast for dinner - though I do need to do some food shopping.

What else exciting yesterday? Hmmm...Oh, I put up the files for Diary of a Plate Addict and got back a message saying that the cover couldn't be read. So I uploaded it again - after opening it on my computer. This morning I got another message saying it couldn't be read. I opened it, resaved it with another file name and re-uploaded it. I also sent a message to Heather to ask her to re-export it. We shall see if we can get it to work...

Wednesday mom and I are going to see my niece, one of mom's grandchildren, perform in Young Frankenstein in Utica (a touring company from New York). Sadly, that means I won't get to see Yoli for Spanish practice on Wednesday night. Poop. And I will have to do my weekly beer video-ing at Beef and Brew on Tuesday afternoon. Sigh. Hopefully Steve will have changed the beers by then.

That is all the excitement I can think of! Yippee?

Pictures from September 24, 2011:

The Mikado Poster

I don't know how this picture got in here...

Nor this one...

No comments: