Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And now it is cold

According to the weather report, it will be chilly for the next few days at least. Yippee! Cool and rainy. Gotta love it. At least the grass will be green. That was one of the things that was weird about living in California, was all the hills turning brown in the summer due to the lack of rain. I do miss California sometimes. I try, though, not to dwell in the past too much. Now is nice. :)

Not much planned for the day - mom does have PT. She is so funny. She worked really hard, sort of, to get the doctor to ok physical therapy - and now she doesn't want to go. Luckily we only have four weeks of it altogether.

So far, today, all I have done is listen to a Spanish lesson. Yippee! I wonder if I will go back and listen to them again. Maybe. We shall see. They each take about 40 minutes which is a big chunk of time. Yesterday, I went to Spanish class and found out that most of my answers on my homework were wrong! I just don't get the Preterito and the Imperfecto in Spanish yet. And I am not solid on the conjugation of any verb. More practice is the only answer. We watched a video which was fun - a music video. And told a story. Most of the people in the class seem pretty boring so far. And 50 minutes goes really quickly - well 55 minutes. Language classes ought to be two hours long so that there is lots of time to practice. Good thing there is the teaching fellows thing. I went again last night and plan to go every night until I feel more confident. Molly was the person on duty last night. I liked her a lot. I liked Jade too. And Hazel is growing on me. Apparently there will be someone else tonight and a guy from Colombia on Wednesday. Yippee for new people!

I also went to the lovely Beef and Brew last night. I had my three beers and videotaped a bit. I need to make a list of the beers that I have videotaped and had there. I have, sadly, lost count a little. I don't know if I am at 19 or 16 or what. Sigh. And Mike, one of the owners, said they are going to increase their total number of beers to 200. Yikes! Getting close to Saucer numbers...

Happy Tuesday, all!

Photos from Monday (September 5, 2011): (Just thought I would change things up a bit...)

 A wet Geneva day.

 I just thought this was a neat picture...

One use for my new vase!

2 comments:

Jeffrois said...

Is that the vase that Matt and Zach absconded with back on August 23rd? How did it find its way back to you? I have a feeling that even though it may look like a vase sitting there all innocent, the truth may be quite different. So be careful what you put in it!

Augustus said...

Yup, same vase! It am sure it needs more cleaning, hence it being relegated to the porch for the nonce!