Monday, September 5, 2011

Some Good Days...

And some bad days. My mom had a bad day yesterday. She was not feeling well, for real, and stayed in bed most of the day. She did finally get out of bed for dinner. Yippee! I don't really know what to do for her when she is having one of those days. Sigh.

My day, on the other hand, was pretty good. I too took the day off, but instead of doing nothing, I did a good bunch. I ate lunch. I paid a lot of bills, my own and mom's. I read some of the latest book in A Song of Fire and Ice series. (Some people love these books - I like them - I still like Wheel of Time better.) I worked on Spanish by watching a video, reading in the book and eventually going to meet with a TF - teaching facilitator? She was a new one to me, Jade. Very nice - we went over my homework and then went through the first section of the first chapter of the text book. That is what I am doing to help myself catch up to the where we actually are in Spanish 102.

For dinner, we had left overs. Mom had lunch, basically - some quiche. I had pizza from the night before. Yippee! Later in the evening, it was game night chez (or casa) Charles. A good turnout. Charles, Pat, Daniel, Nick (Charles' brother) and me! We played one of Charles' favorite games: Race for the Galaxy. It was pretty complicated at first. Luckily we played all of our cards face-up. And Daniel basically played my hand for me. I chose the initial strategy, and was lucky with some cards, but it was mostly him. And we won! Woo hoo!

I don't know if you all know this, but I am actually taking at least one picture a day. That is the ostensible reason for me posting everyday, to have a context in which to post a picture. I think after a year, I will probably slow down the posting pace. And may not take a picture everyday. We shall see if either of those occur.

Pictures from September 4, 2011:

 There is it, the fifth book in the series!

Ready to play Race for the Galaxy!

No comments: