Thursday, September 15, 2011

Wednesdays might be my new favorite day...

I had a great Wednesday! Thank you Universe! I like great days. Most days are good, a few are great. Not like I won a bazillion dollars, or found out that my cancer is in remission (not that I have cancer, but...) or that my cat died. Ok, so maybe it was just a good day. Which is great!

The one bad-ish thing that happened was a woman I met on POF decided (probably correctly) that I wasn't relationship material for her. Life is that way sometimes. I do wish her the best of luck in her life! On the flip side, a friend said he might have someone to introduce me to - sadly, she is a cool person which means that she is probably too cool for me. But we will just have to wait and see what happens. If it even happens...

So, what made yesterday so good? Just a confluence of things. I had a great chat with my brother who called to be supportive. I do appreciate support! And it is always lovely to hear his voice!

I ran some errands and ran into one of my crushes. Still crushable. And found my tooth powder at the local health food store! Yay! My new favorite time to go to Beef and Brew for my beer tasting video is going to be Wednesday afternoon. It was quiet, lots of staff members around for their shift change, it ought to work out well. That way I can go to Spanish tutoring in the evening and not be stressed about having to get downtown and out of downtown before the students descend. Not that I don't like students, I just don't like crowds...Spanish tutoring was great! I really like Wendy a lot. She and I went through some things I could write for the in-class essay that we have to write on Friday. And she helped me to get Preterito and Imperfecto into my wee little cranial space.

Diary of a Plate Addict is even one more step closer to being ready. I applied for my Library of Congress control number. I don't know why I really want one - it just makes me happy to think that my books are known to the Library of Congress! How cool is that? Now, I need to get my act together about new cards, a shirt and a website. Sigh.

Lastly, I cooked pizza for dinner and it turned out excellently. I bought a crust, whole wheat, from the supermarket - and the Sauce (too lazy) and put my toppings on. Fresh mushrooms, pepperoni, freshly sauteed spinach and cheeses. Yippee! We still have some left over and I plan on snarfing it today for lunch.

So, all in all, just a good, happy day! Huzzah!

Pictures from September 15, 2011:

I opened these drawers in one of the bathrooms and found many more bottles of dietary supplements! I wonder how much money mom has spent on these? All full, sitting unused. Sigh. I don't know what to do with them!

Where the sidewalk repair is going to happen. Neither the city nor Hobart was interested in helping out with the project. I just don't understand...

Yay - the pizza before it went in the oven.

This is awesome! The only thing that would improve it, is if it were of Piglet instead of Pooh... :)

6 comments:

naturegirl said...

Now Augustus, simply stated not a boring blog my friend! Pretty cool that your from Clayton, NC ... I actually am from Goldsboro, NC.. not my true home but the home I claim and where my parents retired.

I am excited for you and look forward to reading your book, seems we have much in common. As a former Language teacher, impressed to see your taking Espanol, buenos!

Brigitte

Augustus said...

Thank you Brigitte! That is kind of you to say!

I have only been to Goldsboro a couple of times - are you planning on retiring there too? :)

What Language did you teach?

Happy Blogging and Daily Challenging! :)

naturegirl said...

As much as I love the south, not sure about the whole retiring thing yet.. lol.. I visit my parents often and my 30th HS reunion is coming up soon. Having grown up as a military brat and mom being french, my first language is French, I grew up in Italy, so I speak Italian as well, so naturally the romance languages are second nature to me. In short, I taught H.S, Latin, ( as well as Spanish, and French when needed).

Historical fiction is my favorite read. (primary middle age, and Roman)
Love Harry Potter and currently reading George Martin's Game of Thrones ( I am on book 4 ) such an addiction!

Augustus said...

Wow! What do you do now? There is a book series, if I can think of it, that might appeal...

naturegirl said...

Since I am currently not working, I volunteer my time with Relay for life and Friends of the Fallen, an organization that support families welcome home their fallen solider.

I tutor Latin, and finishing my Masters in Language and Literature.


I am always looking for a good read. My new hobby is dabbling in mead/Ale.....

Augustus said...

Sounds like you are having a fun, full time of it! Yippee!