Monday, September 19, 2011

Where does the time go?

Hmm? Anyone? I guess it is still there, just being observed from a different perspective. Anyway, I have been going non-stop all day. Just finished a little teeny nap, which is great, and decided that now was the time to write my scintillating blog post for the day. Hopefully, a tad more pithy than yesterday's entry!

I got up at 7 am this morning! Eeeek! That is way too early, for me at least. But it did provide me with ample time to get up, take a shower, do my yoga, listen to a Spanish lesson and get to class in plenty of time to discover that I had forgotten to do some of the homework. Which of course was the first thing he asked everyone to go over. Sigh. Still, a good, fun class. It was not about conjugation, so I liked it. Still not comfortable with conjugation. That will take more time and effort. Or time, at least. I hope.

After that, I observed the sidewalk repair efforts for a while. Mom had noticed that there was a car in the driveway and wanted me to have it towed. I told her it would only be there for a little bit and not to worry - but mom does love her worrying. Sure enough, it was gone by the time we needed to head out. Which was after lunch. We went to mom's penultimate Physical Therapy session. Poor mom - I think the Aricept is what is causing her so many problems - maybe the dizziness - maybe the hallucinogenic dreams, almost definitely the nausea and other gastro-intestinal issues. Sigh. I will call the doctor's office tomorrow and see what they suggest.

Meanwhile, I have spent most of the rest of my time working on the latest draft of Diary of a Plate Addict - going through all of the edits and checking to see if they are done and make sense and appeal. Some of them I don't like, so I am changing things back - others Heather missed (very few), and others I am just noticing or perhaps introduced in the last changes. Sigh. Anyway, I hope to have that done tonight and back in her lap. How long it will take her to turn it around again, I don't know. I hope not long, as I would love to have a hard copy in my hands by the end of the week or early next week. I wrote the printers but they did not respond. I don't know why. Hmm.

And now it is creeping up on dinner time and Spanish Lab. Not looking forward to it as there will be another quiz and I am bound to not excel - especially since it is on conjugation again. Sigh. Life goes on! Yippee!

Pictures from September 18, 2011:
The boom box in the kitchen - one of the places I am listening to the WOT books on CD

For dinner, we had breakfast - again. Yippee!


4 comments:

naturegirl said...

Ahhh so goes the life of a writer, the daily routines, such is a rough life. I feel inspired to write more in my blog of my daily, or weekly activities, as I am told in my home there is never a dull moment. Perhaps I tonight I will make an entry.

On to Spanish conjugations, I know you do labs,and have a tutor, if you email me offline, I can share some tips and tricks on learning simple present tense verbs.. (hence the teacher in me.. giggle giggle)time and effort you got this!

Love the pictures, perhaps I need to include more pictures in my blogs as well.. might help to attract followers....

buenas suertas!

Augustus said...

Never a dull moment! Sounds like fun! :)

I will send you an email - any help is welcome!

Thank you - I started writing daily when I made a pact with myself to take one picture a day and to post it here. Yay followers! :)

Jeffrois said...

Funny you should ask about time. I just finished reading 3 books (World Without Time, Incompleteness: The Paradox and Proof of Kurt Godel, and Biocentrism) plus a fourth from a year or so ago (The End of Time) all of which say the same thing: scientifically speaking, time doesn't exist. It's just something we invented to keep everything from happening all at once.

Augustus said...

I read that somewhere, too. It is all a matter of perspective. There is only now which is eternal. Or something like that...