Friday, July 1, 2011

More Guilty Pleasures

What a great phrase, "guilty pleasures." Anyway, I do have a bunch of them. Like playing games on the computer and on xBox. Yes, I do play xBox and would play other game machines if they happened to appear before me. On the computer, I play a lot of bridge. Much more fun to me than solitaire. True, I am playing alone (I have had some less than optimal experiences playing online bridge and other card games) so it is still sort of like solitaire. And I am playing a Facebook game called Garden of Time - a hidden object game. For which I need to harass my friends to join me in the game so that I can continue it. Or fork out money, which, as many of you know, can be a challenge. And there are other guilty pleasures, but those are all I am going to fess up to at this point. (So, if any of you are a) on Facebook and b) like hidden object games, please become my friend and neighbor - soon. Thank you.)

Mom and I had errand day again! We went and picked up the mail, most of which was pretty useless. I did get the three Wheel of Time Audio Books that I had ordered. Yippee! That brings the total that I have to 8 (of fourteen, I think). What is very, very weird is that one of the books costs way more than any of the others. Book 9 costs $120 while the most any of the others cost is around $50. What is that about? Anyone? I sent a message to the company, asking them, and if I hear anything, I will probably post it. We went to the library and got out a book that Marlo Thomas wrote. Then to the supermarket where we spent quite a bit on groceries. Our supply of vegetable matter was quite low due to our recent trip. Lastly, we went to Lowes to look at composters. I am not sure what to do about that. Any suggestions are welcome.

At one point, while checking my mail, as I do fairly frequently when I am procrastinating, I found a message from one of the three young Turkish women that I met a couple of weeks ago. Yippee! We ended up meeting out and discussing various subjects, including their desire to do more than hang out in Geneva. I am hoping I can help them to explore some of the attractions around the area. We shall see.

I am looking for 5-10 people to proofread the next draft of Diary of a Plate Addict - these need to be people with attention to detail - who will notice when there is a missing space in a sentence, when a graphic looks badly cropped or just doesn't seem to fit correctly on a page, when a sentence is too mangled or bizarre or out of place and needs to be fixed. Anyone?

Can anyone believe that I have made it this far, taking a picture a day and posting every day for 181 days! Woo hoo!

Pictures from June 30, 2011:


Aren't they pretty?


Oops, still haven't gotten 'round to neatening my room after emptying the containers of stuff from Clayton.


Aren't they pretty? No, wait, I just said that. I meant, um, oh, right, that is what I meant...

No comments: