Saturday, July 30, 2011

Life is like a jigsaw puzzle

Ok, it probably isn't. But jigsaw puzzles are fun and life is fun - so there are some similarities. I just wish I had a cover picture for life...Normally when I do puzzles, I refuse to look at the puzzle picture. I might sneak a peek every once in a while to make sure that I am at least making some progress, but I certainly don't stare at it. This go 'round, with limited time, I am making extensive use of the lid. It sure does make things easier. I didn't think that I would be able to finish a 2000 piece puzzle before I left, but after working on it almost incessantly yesterday, the end is in sight! Huzzah!

While I worked on the puzzle, mom went and had a visit with Laura Knox. Laura is a woman that Juliet has gotten to know over the years. She lives just up the street from her here in Belfast part of the year. She lives the other half of the year in Nashville, TN. Very nice, smart, personable. Every time we visit, she and mom get together for an hour or so to chat.

The high point of the day was a visit from Juliet and Paul's ex-landlords and dear friends. They came along and were a mini-horde - bringing their son and his family. All together we were 11 people for a sort of pot-luck dinner. Juliet lived in Char and Will's house for 20 years. Darren and Kelly and their three kids (Chaz, and the fraternal twins Stevie and Ellie (both 3 year old girls) rounded out the number. We had a lot of food and I acted as bartender. Yippee!

Today, another beer day!

Pictures from July 29, 2011:


I like to take a picture of this view every day when I am in Maine. Foggy start this morning...


There was also corn on the cob!


Not sure what percentage I am done, but I really do feel the end is in sight...

No comments: