Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Circus Day!

I mean that literally! A large part of the day revolved around the Circus. First off, getting up pretty early - though that was in part to meet with mom's handyman to go over what we were looking at having done. I am guessing about $500 worth of work - a lot of painting - like the last wall in the kitchen, some railings in the attic, a hole in the roof or two - that sort of thing. When it will get done is anyone's guess.

Next it was off to watch the circus tent go up. Working for the circus is hard work! Everyone has at least three jobs if not more. And even the elephants helped. By the way, pictures from circus day will go up on Facebook. Yippee! I hung out there for a while, came back and made tuna salad for lunch. It was not exemplary, but was functional.

(I love my little desk, by the way)

Then it was nap time. I was exhausted for some reason. Oh, right, lack of sleep. And a lot of walking and standing about. At some point, I decided that instead of having more leftover quiche for dinner, we would go out to Eddie O'Brien's for half price appetizers. What a huge deal that is! We had Onion Rings, Shrimp platter and Chicken wings - all for $10!

Morgan was there and we got our "Photos with Facebook Friends" picture accomplished. (Note the alliteration...) She is so great. I couldn't remember some names and she quietly prompted me with them. Go her! I will miss her when she goes to PA. :(

Then to the circus. We got there in plenty of time and snagged front row seats! Yippee! The show was good - certainly entertaining. A very traditional American circus. Very happy to have gone. Yippee!

I get so excited for no real reasons. Yesterday I met a woman who I immediately got a crush on. Inappropriate of course. And Plenty of Fish told me that a woman was interested in meeting me. So I wrote her, as I thought I would be interested in knowing more about her. And now I will wait impatiently for a day or so before moving on with my life! Sometimes I think I am better off not being in a relationship. Ok, not that I am better off, but that the other person (whoever she may be) is probably better off without me in their life. I have kind of forgotten what it is like to be in a relationship. :(

We have more to look forward to this week - laundry today - Into the Woods at some point, meet the opera director and there is something else, but it is escaping me just this second...

Photos from July 19, 2011:


The William Smith Green littered with kids from the Hobart Lacrosse Camp!


Morgan and me - with mom looking on in the background - picture taken by Maria!


Our repast!


Heffalumps on parade!

No comments: