Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fireworks

I can be a little obsessive. For instance, I did a search for fireworks in the area and found that there were some last night, tonight, Sunday and Monday! And I decided I wanted to go to them all. Well, I didn't end up going last night. The fireworks were at a Speedway - which to me seems to be a misnomer, since the track is dirt and short and well, I can't imagine that the vehicles are really going all that quickly. Then again, I haven't gone to a Speedway - though I would like to go. One day. Really! But it wasn't last night. Mom and I are planning on going to the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra's Red, White and Boom tonight. That ought to be fun! We bought her the most awesome-est of folding chairs for the eventuality of sitting outdoors. Yippee! Then we are going to the American Legion on Sunday night. And I am planning on going to some fireworks in a park on the 4th even if I have to go alone! Yippee for fireworks and obsession! :)

What else happened yesterday? I got up at a decent time and made lots of phone calls and got a few things checked off of my to do list. Always a happy-making thing. It was also coin rolling day! Every six months or so, I like to wrap coins that I have collected. I love coin rolling. Weird, but true. I don't like the machines that take the coins so easily. Sorting through the coins, counting them, wrapping them. I like it all. I ended up with $56 dollars!

Oh, I went to the movies with the women from Turkey. It was their first movie in America! And sadly it was a piece of dreck called Bad Teacher. I like Cameron Diaz. I really do. But this was a terrible, in my opinion, movie. Bad acting, silly predictable plot, bad dialogue. Just ick. I hope that they liked it more than I did!

Mom and I have decided to go help my brother Karl change houses. Every extra pair of hands is helpful, I guess. It is in a couple of weekends and will be a quick trip. I am planning on going to a couple of beer things - one brewery and one brewpub. Maybe I will write a book about brewpubs. That would be fun to research!

By the way - I just published a post from last year - it was a summary post about a road trip I made. Not scintillating, but it is more words... :)

Pictures from July 1, 2011:


The socks contain change that didn't get rolled last time - pink for quarters, white for pennies and the blue sock contains nickels and dimes.


Ta da! Some change was left for the next time. Yippee!


Not a great representation of the view from the park at the foot of Washington Street in Geneva...

No comments: