Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Friday of Laziness

Well, for me at least. All I really did was read, play CODMW2, play Garden's of Time, and cook dinner. Oh, and made lunch. And did some food shopping. And had an opera meeting. Ok, not a totally lazy day, but certainly not chock full of excitement. Yippee! Need a few of those days mixed in with the others.

Mom, on the other hand, got into cleaning mode both yesterday and the day before. The day before she emptied a box of papers, throwing away a good third of them! And last night, around 11, she went into kitchen cleaning mode - and scrubbed the bejeebus out of the stove - it is shiny. I will take a picture of it today and will post it tomorrow. Anyway, go mom!

My books on podcasting came. Yippee!! I think I over bought - which is not a surprise. Oh well. I bought two books on podcasting, one on content and a novel that was recommended to me - about a character named Sharpe - historical fiction of some kind. I plan to take some of these to Maine with me and read them then. Yippee! The only downside to going to Maine when the weather is nice, is the lack of fires in the fireplace. C'est fromage!

The opera meeting was to chat with the technical director of the Smith Opera House, Mark. Turns out he was fairly agreeable, now that the other show has opened. Yay. And he really did have cool shoes. I need new shoes. Just saying...

When I restarted this blog back in January, the idea was to post a picture a day, which I have successfully accomplished. Yay. The motive behind that was twofold - one to get me to take the time to take at least a picture a day and two to get me to write at least 200 words a day, a la The Artist's Way. Successes are great!

A little about stats - since learning about them a month or so ago (Thank you Elizabeth) I have been watching them daily. Just recently, one of my more recent posts - July 10th's Zuper Zaturday - has eclipsed the previous most viewed page which was back in 2010 - Long Time No Post. Yippee!

Going to see the show tonight - Into the Woods. I saw it once at Raleigh Little Theatre and enjoyed it.

Pictures from July 22, 2011:


I don't know how long I have had this - or where it came from originally - but I have had it at least 20 years. And I use it sporadically - still like it a lot, though! Yay perpetual calendars!


The Lovely (and historic) Smith Opera House!


This picture was supposed to be rotated, but it wasn't, so I just put it up this way. I tried something new with the omelet - I used light cream instead of water...

2 comments:

Jeffrois said...

Picture request: Next time you see Mark get a shot of his cool shoes!

Augustus said...

Great idea, Jeff! I will do it! And I might just have to get a pair of them - if I can find them...