Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Welcome Follower 29!

Hi Becky! How exciting is that? I hope you find enough to keep you interested, here in Augustus' blog space. Please know that I just plain enjoy writing it (except for those times that I don't enjoy writing it...) :)

It was another day of travel yesterday. But in the morning, I had an epiphany - we could, with every reason in the world, stop in a brewpub in Portland! Yippee! I had been thinking that we would just drive all the way through without much in the way of stopping. Boo. So I looked at the web and found that there were several different places in Portland that looked promising. I ended up picking Sebago Brewing Co. and am glad that I did. The Old Port Location is anything but old! It is done in a very modern, clean style. Gorgeous space.

The drive to Portland was all highway and though long, went past pretty quickly. Downtown, old Portland was very difficult to get around in - parking was hard, traffic moved slowly. Mom and I ended up walking several blocks to get back to the brewpub. Not too difficult for me, but turned out to be quite a challenge for her. Sigh. - Quick aside - I am thinking of signing us both up for the YMCA so that she can get some exercise - any thoughts? - We sat in the bar area and had Kelley for our server. Matt, a manager came out and chatted a bit - both about the possible book and the beer game I am turning over in my mind. We shared a Reuben (mom and I, that is) and I had the taster of beer. They were all quite good - mom drank the Hefeweizen! I joined one of the two loyalty programs they have - not that I will ever accomplish the goal of spending $100 there - but you never know...

Then on to Belfast - the GPS sent us a longer way than I thought we needed to go, but we went that way anyway. And followed some really slow, lame drivers. Poop on them! It hurts my motor to go so slow. :) But we arrived in a timely fashion, wished Juliet luck with her book group/class thing and started to unwind. I was exhausted! Even though I had had lots of sleep the night before, driving is getting really enervating. I need a chauffeur! We had a dinner of shrimp risotto and beet salad. And Juliet put out a puzzle for us to work on. I am, sadly, a bit compulsive when it comes to puzzles. This is a 2000 piece one which I hope to finish before leaving. It already feels like we are running out of time here. :(

Pictures from July 26, 2011: (By the way - there will be a whole album of pictures from this trip up on Facebook eventually...)


The Sebago Brewing Company Old Port location.


The view from Juliet and Paul's house in Maine.


2000 pieces in a pile - out of chaos emerges pattern - eventually...

No comments: