Sunday, July 17, 2011

Safely Sunday

I like alliteration. Yippee!

I didn't sleep particularly well Friday Night. Could have been the beer, could have been being on the road, could have been anxiety of the coming day. Who the heck knows. But I didn't. Oh well. Life goes on.

It was moving day for Karl and his family. He was making the move of the big stuff, and changing his abode from the old to the new. Mom and I were to bring some stuff back to the Geneva house, but most of what he wanted us to bring wasn't ready, so we only ended up bringing back Eleanor Cecile. Mom's childhood doll. Which, I believe, she gave to Kristen (Karl's eldest child). EC is an antique - and the size of a three year old child! I can understand how Kristen can't keep her just yet. Maybe one day. Or maybe not. Who knows.

Candace (my brother's current wife) and Mom do not get along. At all. I tried to keep them apart, but mom was like a homing missile and headed straight for her as soon as I was gone. There was a lot of screaming, mostly on Candace's part, apparently. Luckily, I was driving a van load of boxes to the new house and missed the histrionics. I am not a huge fan of histrionics, unless they are my own. :) So, soon after I got back, mom and I drove back to Geneva, Lickety split! And arrived home safely.

Dinner was at the new Mcdonald's - where my big mac had been put together hastily and incorrectly. I figure I will go back in a few months and have another one. Mom had a fish sandwich.

Welcome Follower 27! Sherree, I hope you enjoy it here. I am feeling a bit on the boring side, but I will persevere. If nothing else, I am feeling good about posting every day. Yippee!

Jeff, one of my longest term friends, had a brilliant idea - to make podcasts about beer. So I ordered some books from Amazon to help me see if this is something that I would like to do. We shall see.

Since part of what I am doing to keep myself moving forward is organizing my mom's house - I wanted to share some of my organizing thoughts. Step one - lump everything together in one place so that you know what you are dealing with. Step two - a quick once through the pile to see if there is a lot to throw away. Step three, much later, sorting into more distinct piles and putting things where they are supposed to live. It is a long process, but the first one gives a great sense of accomplishment. The second is liberating and the third just feels so good when all is quietly put away. It is so much easier doing this for someone else's crap! :)

Pictures from July 16, 2011: (more pictures will be going up on Facebook - later today perhaps)


Old house.


New house. (No Red House, Blue House...)


Mom and her granddaughter Skyelyn (Pronounced Skylynn)


The new Geneva McDonalds - functioning and happy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How sad about the screaming! What on earth was that all about? Did not, I am sure, do anyone any good!
Love to all,

Bosey

Augustus said...

Candace was just throwing a hissy. Oh well. Thank you Bosey!