Sunday, July 10, 2011

Zuper Zaturday

No real plans for the day, yesterday. Sort of went with the flow. Mom and I eventually got the day started with brunch - I made the left over chicken into curried chicken salad. With grapes and apple slices. The remainder of the grapes and apples made tasty juice!

Then we decided that we were going to go see the Tom Hanks/Julia Roberts movie. I hadn't realized that Tom wore so many hats for this film. He wrote, directed (probably helped produce) and starred in it. It was a midling movie at best. Enjoyable, mainly because I am a sap. I do enjoy my romantic comedies and feel good movies.

Dinner was leftovers - frozen Augustus eggrolls (heated up), left over green beans and coleslaw. Easy-Peasy!

On a whim, I decided to go out last night. As I walked downtown, I formulated my plan. Go to Red Dove Tavern and say hi to Lianne. Sure enough, she was there - so was Laura, most recently from Beef and Brew. And Katie, who I also met at Beef and Brew (she too was a patron). Small town! Had a pleasant time, drinking beer (War of 1812 Amber from Sackets Harbor Brewing Co. was a decent amber - nothing too exciting - Southern Tier's 2X IPA was an enjoyable double (I have yet to have a Southern Tier that disappoints) and an Old Speckled Hen) and chatting with all and sundry. At one point there was a teeny set of ok fireworks out on the lake. Yippee for fireworks! Oh, I learned more about a production of Into the Woods that is being put on here. I will have to go. Yippee!

Speaking of theatre, it looks like I may be helping out with the Opera (of Cinderella) in a number of capacities. I will know more after speaking with the director today at some point. While at the ren faire...

Walking home, I glanced in the Eddie O'Brien's window and was surprised to see Hilal, Gulsun and Ozge! We chatted for a few minutes and made tentative plans to go wine tasting on Thursday. I will make a plan for that, just in case. As we know, I like my plans. :)

Two more little things - one) I am thinking of another book or books - something about the women in the family - Anna Schoen-Rene, Mom's Mom, Mom. All are/were pretty amazing and worth writing about. We shall see if anything comes of it - two) still no response from my crush which is about what I expected. Sigh.

All in all, a Zuper Zaturday!

Photos from July 9, 2011:


Mom took a shine to this stuffed warthog - who was I to deny her! And my elephant pillow looks on...


Does anyone know which grandchild was responsible for this work of art? I am leaning towards Ernst or Eric, but it could very well have been Sam or Joe...


Yay, Fireworks!

I also took a movie of the fireworks - and one of a light show on a Harley - but for some reason, blogger hasn't yet successfully uploaded a movie for me. Probably just as well. :)

Off to the Faire!

2 comments:

*** 25 *** said...

My money is on Erich as the hippo maker.

Augustus said...

I am leaning towards him as well! :)