Friday, July 8, 2011

Ginger Day

Or Thursday (alternate) as it is commonly called, was quite productive. Ginger is the visiting nurse who comes to help mom out. She rubs stuff on mom's back. Would help her shower or whatever, but generally just helps out with neatening around the house. Yesterday she helped mom a little bit in her bedroom and in her living room nest. I had been smelling mothballs in mom's room for quite a while - turns out mom had collected 9 (Nine!!) boxes of mothballs in her wool closet! Gads! They have been removed, so I hope mom can breathe a little more easily. Ginger also found a dead bat in mom's shoe tree. How random and weird is that? And while working around the sofa/coffee table/tv area, mom found one of the wayward library books! Huzzah!!

I went grocery shopping and to the library. I really need to get on to the library website. I guess it is time for me to add the OWWL to my bookmarks.

When I got back, mom had also gotten motivated and got her package prepared to send off to Bosey - so back out we went to the post office.

Wow, I really think Barack Obama is going to cave to the Republicans and cut social security instead of taxing the wealthy. What kind of crap is that?! Why can't we have people in power who are compassionate, instead of people who are greedy and self serving? Glarg!! Did anyone see the fake ad that Bill Maher did about the estate tax? I don't think he is very funny generally, but he is clever. Ok, sorry for the rant...

All of this inspired me too! Or maybe it was the lack of accomplishments the previous days. Who knows. Anyway, I did send out dropbox requests to the people who volunteered to proofread Diary of a Plate Addict. And clean my room. And the red room. And started on the boxes in the alcove. I got at least a third of them broken down! Yippee! Baby steps.

Quick thoughts on the future - I am leaning towards going to the Ren Faire with mom on Sunday. Wednesday we have the opera. Friday we head to Connecticut to help Karl move. Somewhere in there I would like to do something else with the Turkish Women. We shall see.

Photos from July 7, 2011:


How a bat got into mom's shoe tree...


A much neater Red Room.


I even vacuumed!

No comments: