Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sleepy

Or tired rather. I went to bed late and was up early. Five hours of sleep. And I don't really think I can go back to sleep just now. Mom and I have to go to a lawyer's office and sign papers at 10 am. Woo hoo.

My whole plan yesterday was to do laundry. Just laundry. Ok, a little food shopping as well. And make lots of calls. All of which happened. One of the calls was to the doctor for mom. She is having rib pains. Dr. Ryan wasn't in the office in the afternoon, so she saw a Nurse Practitioner. "Find yourself a nice nurse practitioner and settle down!" He sent her for an x-ray. I think we were only in the medical center/hospital for an hour, but it seemed a lot longer! A lot of very attractive women work in the medical field in Geneva...I'm just sayin'...

I was shocked that the woman that I had a huge crush on sent me an email. Sure it was brief and not timely. But it was a note. Not that I am harboring any hope that she actually likes me. I am sorely, sorely, sorely tempted to write a very honest letter in response. I am hoping that feeling will pass. We shall see.

The Turkish Women wanted to go to the Outlet Mall last night. I picked them up, we did their banking and then I dropped them at the mall. Where they stayed for almost 6 hours! Glad I didn't hang out with them! :) They were very sweet and bought me a lovely shirt - I might even try wearing it tonight!

I need to actually accomplish something today. Like clean the room I am living in here in Geneva. And the container cabinet in the kitchen needs to be cleaned out. And maybe I will move the pile of boxes from the study alcove to the basement. Something has got to give. I did at least print out my copy of Diary of a Plate Addict last night. And today I will give instructions to my proofreaders. Yippee!

Speaking of books - if anyone knows of any brewpubs that I ought to check out for possible inclusion in the book (should it come to be), please comment or send me an email or something. Thank you!

Someone else now knows that I am running for President in 2024. She didn't say she would vote for me. :(

Pictures from July 5, 2011:


McDonald's is supposed to open July 14 - the first 100 people get free Big Macs for a year. I don't think I am up for that...


Ozge in front of the bank - her earrings were red white and blue!


I just couldn't think what to cook for dinner, so made hotdogs and baked beans. Good thing mom isn't a picky eater!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot Dogs and Baked Beans is good eating, bro.

Augustus said...

Thank you IronBear 138! I love me some Hot Dogs and Baked Beans. I could do that once a week with relish. And maybe a little mustard...