Thursday, July 7, 2011

What's the Blog About, Alfie?

Do I really need to figure out what this blog is supposed to be about? I hope not. My poor little grey cells would have too difficult a time with that task...instead, for the nonce, I will continue on in my willy-nilly way, typing whatever comes into my pretty little head. For me, it is a great way to get some writing done, which gives me a sense of accomplishment, no matter what else I do or don't do during the rest of the day. Like yesterday.

So I didn't get much of the stuff I wanted done yesterday accomplished. Oh well. Life is that way. One of the things about not getting stuff done, is that it will, most likely, still be there when you want to try again. And if it isn't, huzzah! Win-win! And if you do it - win! Win-win-win! Hurrah!!

What did I do instead of the things that I had outlined? Well, it took longer at Sam Bonney's than I thought it would. He is a very nice guy - just speaks a little deliberately. His secretary, Kathy, puts up with a lot, I am sure. :) Then we went to a camera store - wow - that place was totally cool! I dropped off a video of a) a movie I made and b) some home videos that I collected. They are going to transfer it to digital for me. Yippee! Next we stopped at Church's to ask them to come get the bumps out of the carpet. They said they would! Phew!

But wait, there's more! We lunched on sandwiches and then went to see Cars 2. Not as good as Cars, but still fun. We went 2D because that is the way mom likes it. Then Rite-Aid for mom's prescriptions and Wegman's for a few veggies for the evening's "breakfast for dinner." Next, I walked downtown carrying all of my change, only to get to the bank 6 minutes too late to change the coins for bills. Sigh. Went to Ed O'B's and chatted with Morgan, met Kyle and Sully (Morgan's father). See, no room to get the things done that I had planned. Maybe today.

And even more! I went to Ventosa - a winery - to see if I could run into Karynn - and I did! It was great to see her, albeit briefly. I also went to Beef and Brew. On the way, I ran into the Turkish Women. Gulsun had bought a bicycle! Or maybe the three of them chipped in together. I don't know for sure yet. And I went to Dana's Time Out for the second time. Wow. All in all, a busy day. Yippee for busy days!

Photos from July 6, 2011:

It was hard picking just three today...


Mom saw this wall first - I thought it was cool enough for a photo - in Waterloo, NY, near Sam Bonney's office.


This was breakfast for dinner - a sauteed vegetables and cheese omelet, bacon, home made hash browns, and an english muffin. Yum!


Karynn is the one on the left in this picture. :)

2 comments:

Jeffrois said...

I had a pretty little head once, but it fell off and rolled behind the fridge. No way in heck I'm goin' back there to get it.

Augustus said...

Eeek! :)