Thursday, July 21, 2011

Laundry Day

Yesterday's chore was laundry - which entails not only doing the actual laundering and folding, but also stripping and making beds. We are currently having a smidgen of a heatwave - I don't think of it as a real heatwave because we haven't broken 100 degrees for more than three days in a row. But I guess it is hot enough for up here in Geneva, NY. Anyway, I don't really like making beds at the best of time - I like sleeping in clean sheets, but the actual bed making is not my most favorite task. I would rather wash dishes. Moving on - I did end up making both my own bed and my mom's. She did help with hers a bit. At least she provided some moral support. :)

The laundromat was pretty devoid of people. Which is ok. My hope springs eternal that I will meet someone interesting doing laundry. It could happen. Mom stayed home, so I rocked the laundry by myself. Easy Peasy! Next, food shopping at Wegman's! It seems that all of the women that I have come to know there have now left. What is up with that? I guess I just need to get to know the new people. Sigh.

I also ran a couple other errands. One was dropping off library books. The other was stopping in at The Smith Opera House to talk with their technical director, Mark. Wow, he is really good at saying "no." Sad. The director, Al, and I are supposed to meet up with Mark on Friday - he was reluctant to make a definite time. Why can't people make definite plans, rather than "I'll call you!" plans? Poop on those types of plans. Too nebulous for my taste.

Next stop, to visit Morgan! It was the last time that I will get to have her as a bartender here for the foreseeable future. :( Didn't get to see my crush. Also :(

At home, I cooked - it was a pretty yummy dinner - salmon, pasta al fredo, and french style artichokes - the last turned out decently but I forgot to add the lemon juice at the end. We have a few leftovers, so I will add lemon to those. Yay!

It was a night out for me, last night. I stopped in at Beef and Brew and was pretty much the only patron. Sigh. Worked on Diary of a Plate Addict a bit and then headed out to Halsey's. I haven't been to Halsey's since I came back this time. I have sort of been avoiding the place. But I went in and had a lovely time. I really liked the bartender (and pasty chef) Mary Jo. And Carol and Pete were dining there and came over and chatted for a while. I think I gained three more votes in my presidential bid. Not a dollar of financing yet - but that will come with time. :) Oh, and I saw the Turkish women walking past on the other side of the street. I waved, but they didn't see me... :)

All in all, it was a clean and happy day. We like those!

Photos from July 20, 2011:


All folded and ready to be put back in baskets for the trip home!


Yummy dinner!


I like the late evening light on the trees and buildings on the Hobart Quadrangle.

No comments: