Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tired This Day

A Handyman promised to swing by to check out what we wanted to have done around the house, so I woke up really early. For me, at least. He came, we chatted and wandered around the property and then it was time to head downtown to watch the circus tent get raised. But that is all for tomorrow. This blog is about yesterday. Yippee for yesterday!

It was the big mental doctor appointment. We got there in time and only had to wait a couple of minutes. I had not met Dr. Rifai before - nice guy - but he needs to stop winking at me. We chatted for about ten minutes - mom was asked some basic questions - what day of the week, what day of the month, what month, what year. He also asked her to recall the three words he asked her at her last visit. Orange, Paper, Penny. I doubt I will remember them in six months. (Mom's next appointment.) At the end, he suggested going up to a higher dose of Aricept - to 23mg. Turns out that that dosage is not available in a generic and the insurance company might not cover it. We will find out tomorrow. If it isn't covered, we will stick with the 10mg that she is on now. He said that he didn't find any deterioration in her mental state and maybe a slight improvement. Hurrah!

After that, not a lot happened. I mailed some documents to Karl and chatted with Brittney at Eddie O'Brien's before coming home to make dinner. Leftover quiche! Which we will eat again tonight as well! Yippee! I like leftovers, as long as there aren't too many of them and they go away fairly rapidly.

I went out to the Beef and Brew and chatted with Matt the bartender for a while. He liked the idea of Diary of a Plate Addict. Heck, maybe he will buy a copy! If I sold ten in Geneva, that would be awesome! There is a woman at a printing house who has said she will make me up a couple of o-ring bound copies of the book for samples - and maybe I can take orders for them. That would be cool.

Pictures from July 18, 2011:


Cool downtown Geneva, NY building.


Cool clouds!

No comments: