Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Errands Day Take Whatever

Errands day for me.

After making lunch, I headed out into the world to see what I could accomplish. First stop, camera shop to pick up the DVD of my VHS of my 8mm and super 8mm movies. I must admit to the movies being really boring. Especially after the sound died on the camera. Sigh. But still, historically quite interesting. Maybe I was just really, really tired when watching it. Nope, boring. I couldn't even make it through the movie I made for a senior project back in high school. I would really like to find the people in the movie and give them copies. Where in the world is Abigail Saltonstall? Hmm?

Another reason I went to the Camera Store was to see if they could convert some 16mm film to video - turns out that their machine is broken and they probably aren't going to get it repaired. Oh well. I will look for another option. Why this is necessary is because while neatening the red room's closet just a bit, I came across a can of film. Mom thinks that it is film of her and her brother as kids. That would be awesome to see for many reasons! I will keep updating as we go along.

Next stop - the library. Someone mentioned the Sharpe books to me and I was thinking to get some from the library. They had nary a one that I could find on a cursory examination. I need to get comfortable with the OWWL system - and soon, so that I can do things from home - renew and put holds on books and such.

Next the bank - where I deposited my insurance check - water heater died and leaked a good bit. Ted fixed the leaking and replaced the water heater. Paul came in and did the work to make it all pretty again. Yippee! But they have to be paid...

I stopped in briefly to say hi to Morgan, who, it turns out, is on vacation. The lovely Brittney (Ok, I forgot to ask her how she spells her name) was tending bar. I was surprised to find that she has never been to a circus! Eeek! That is just unAmerican! :) A teeny circus is coming next week and I am going for sure! I love circuses. All shapes and sizes. Have done since I was a little tyke (I think that's redundant). Mom thinks that my love for circuses is inherited from my father. Anything is possible!

So, errands day was successful.

But wait, there's more! :) Kim and Russell stopped here on their way to Canada from Cooperstown, NY. That was great! One of the things I do miss about not being in NC is seeing my friends and great people, like Kim and Russell! Russell asked if I knew everyone in Geneva, which gave me the idea to meet everyone in Geneva. Anything is possible...Anyway, we went to Nonna's Trattoria for a yummy Italian dinner. I had something that I can't pronounce. Mom had scallops - she loves her scallops. Russell had something that looked like Ravioli but had a different name and Kim had some delicious looking lasagna! I met Nonna herself!! And started another even more inappropriate crush.

Some crushes are just so far out there, that I need to let them go. It is possible. Speaking of which, crush 2,712 still hasn't responded. And Franco is still dead. :)

Pictures from July 11, 2011:


Three different types of media - DVD, VHS tape and 16mm film!


Mom, Kim, Russell and me. With our food!


Nonna!

No comments: