Friday, July 15, 2011

Lucky 26

Hi Laura Grant, follower number 26! Welcome - I will try not to be too terribly boring and repetitive. Please, feel free to comment. (That goes for the rest of you as well!)

Relaxing day yesterday. I did everything I wanted to do. Yippee! Cleaning out the back of the car for the upcoming trip to Connecticut was great! I had so much crud accumulated in there. Poor trunk. I had a felt shirt, a t-shirt, two hoodies, four towels, two space blankets, and well, I could go on. Suffice to say that it is all out for the time being. Some will go back in, some will not. Sadly, I didn't find the set of disks from one of the audio books that went missing. Oh well. I will have to either replace those or buy a whole new audio book. On that subject, I still don't understand why Winter's Heart - book nine of the Wheel of Time Series, costs so much more in audio than all of the other books. Most of the others range in price from $25 to $50. That particular one - the cheapest I have seen it is $90! Eeek! And it isn't any longer than the 6th book (33 cds). And the sixth is in the $35 price range. Grrrr. Sorry for the digression.

I went to FLCC (Finger Lakes Community College) and discovered that many of my basic requirements can be taken care of from my previous schooling! Yippee! That will mean only having to take the core classes to get my exciting AA degrees. All it takes is applying, getting transcripts, jumping through hoops. I don't enjoy hoop jumping - and I still am not able to hula hoop but that is a different thing entirely... - but I will start the process when I get back from Connecticut. We aren't going to be gone long at all....

I also had some new-to-me beer. Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy - Wheat Beer and Lemonade. Drinkable, which is the main thing. I can see how it would be cooling on a hot day. I didn't know that Shandy was a style of beer. Learn something knew, well, you know the saying...

Ok, time to pack and hit the road!

Photos from July 14, 2011:


Pretty! I especially like the little yellow flower (weed?) peeking out...


The contents of the trunk - pre-sorting.


I don't have a camera currently that can capture this image - of the moon and its reflection in the lake. Maybe one day I will have such a camera again...

No comments: