Friday, June 10, 2011

What do you think?

Ought I to add ads to my blog? Goodness knows some money coming in would be a good thing. Still, I know that I don't like seeing ads everywhere. The opinion window is now open - please let me know your thoughts. Oh, right, the opinion window is always open, here on my blog. :)

So, I really need to get motivated and finish up the comments and graphics and such that I need to finish so that Heather can get the next draft of Diary of a Plate Addict finished. Sadly, not one Saucer has responded to my call for comments. Well, one did, a long while ago - but none since my last email request. I don't really understand why that is the case. I know that people are busy and have their own lives and agendas, but it isn't like I am asking them to write the darn book. I am just asking them to take a few minutes to read it - it is only 80 pages long - and send me a few notes by replying to an email. Really? That is too tough? And I am not asking this of them due to laziness. I mean each book copy I made took me about 30 minutes and 4 or five dollars worth of supplies not to mention postage. And it is in their interest, I would have thought, to have the book reflect what they feel their reality is. I actually only asked them to focus on the one page in the book about their particular Saucer. Sigh.

I juggled for the first time up here in Geneva. Sadly, one of the clubs has gone missing! When did that happen? I am hoping it will turn up. So I juggled using the diablo, baby rings and baby clubs. Not optimal, but better than nothing. It would be nice to get a group started again. We shall see. I might also have to order some new clubs. They are really expensive! Eeek!

Mom and I went on an adventure to Two Goats (Doppel Bock) Brewing in Hector NY. Interesting place. If it were closer, I am sure I would frequent the place. Great view. Good beer. Actually, the cream ale was surprisingly good. And the place was replete with long haired males! The bartender, the brewer and one of the customers. And me, of course...Next trip is Keuka Brewing Company. Maybe next Tuesday. And we have the opera next week. And mom is still willing to go to the race track...

My nephew Sam and his son Lewis arrived last night. They are making the grand tour of the Northeast and we are one of the stops! Lewis sort of tried artichokes last night.

Pictures from June 10, 2011:


The inside is much different from the outside of the building. The brewing stuff is downstairs apparently...


A different view of the same lake - Seneca Lake.


Poor Lewis is so put upon - having to have his picture taken...

No comments: