Thursday, June 9, 2011

First Trial Bike Ride

Bikes have changed in the past 30 years. Or is it 20. I can't do math anymore. Sigh. Anyway, I finally went to take a test ride or three. The bike store was open today (always closed on Wednesdays). Unfortunately I got passed from one guy to another and he promised to pass me to another after I came back from my test drive. But no one was available. So I just left. Without the bike. :) I am not sure I liked that one. We shall see after I have something with which to compare it. So maybe Monday I will go for another test ride. And probably stop in at Eddie O'Brien's...

Roast corn! I am going to roast some corn when it become ready here in Geneva. Which it isn't yet. Our next door neighbors - Luke and Laura (tee hee for old time General Hospital Fans) have a gas grill - at least until their friend takes it away. If that happens, I might invest in one myself. One day. Cate turned me on to the happiness that is grilling. Thank you Cate!

I bought a piece of salmon for dinner last night. It came with its own cedar plank and brown sugar/black pepper corn topping. Turned out yummily!

All in all a lovely day yesterday. And today looks to be replete with adventure. Off to Hector NY to visit Two Goats Brewing Company. It is good to have a hobby. :) And later, my nephew and great nephew are coming for a brief visit. Hurrah!

Pictures from June 9, 2011:


This is the bike.


Ooh, cedar plank salmon!

No comments: