Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Happy Tuesday

Should I go to the Inaugural Finger Lakes Craft Beer Festival? I think I should! :) It looks like it is right up my alley. I am sad that it is far-ish away - in Watkins Glen - about 45 minutes from me. And that it starts at 6 in the afternoon. I guess they wanted the afterwork crowd to be able to show up. It will be interesting to see who attends...

I love getting packages - even when I know what is in them! I got three recently. One is a present for a friend who is really only an acquaintance who will probably be freaked out that I got her anything at all (yup, for the crush). Sigh. One is an audio book of book 4 of the Wheel of Time series. One is my ez pass!

I think I am going to test that today. Might as well, right? I love the idea of ez pass - just the big hunk of plastic in my window isn't all that appealing. Oh well. For those of you who don't know, EZ pass is a way to pay one's tolls - which are all over the Northeast, without waiting in the lines with everyone else. Yippee! In theory! :)

My Tuesday was pretty pleasant. Mom and I ran errands for much of the day. Library, some pills for her, laundry and food shopping. I decided on the spur of the moment to make tacos for dinner last night, so needed a few things. Ooh, I am getting ahead of myself, but time doesn't really matter in some perspectives...anyway...I decided to cook the meat until it was drier than I usually do - then I added the packet of sauce that normally gets put on as one builds one's tacos. Made life a lot easier!

After dinner, I went to visit Morgan the bartender at Eddie O'Brien's again. She is so personable. She reintroduced me to Greg, who harangued me for 20 minutes about politics. Yum. I also spoke with two aerospace engineers about life and such for a while. I told one of them my plan to run for president, but he didn't say he would vote for me. So I am still holding at 11 votes.

Yup, you read that right. If I am not doing something else and if America still exists and all sorts of other caveats, I will be running for president in 2024. But I will start my bid in 2021 when I turn 60. So, media types, no hoopla now, please!

Opera tonight in Victor! And maybe Indian Food for dinner. If the Indian Place is still open after we get out of the show. It ought to be. We shall see. If not, something else. :)

Pictures from June 14, 2011:


There they are - my happy packages!


Tacos! I love the flat bottomed, stand up shells! What a great idea that was!!


Does anyone know what plant this is? It sure is flowering up a storm!


The photo does not do the view justice - the was shining redly on the buildings across Seneca Lake.


I am not sure what critter that was - woodchuck or beaver or something like that...

2 comments:

Ernst & Betty said...

You are doing amazing things regarding your mom and her overcrowded, semi-delapidated house. You are making Renée so much happier, there is no reason you should feel guilty. With a wife, quite likely; with René, no problem.
Sam spoke admiringly of you during his and Lewis's visit. Here, the sun has finally come out and I will mow the lawn, which is always complicated by trying to save the flowers/weeds that are or will be in bloom.
Have you ever seen a production of "All;s Well that Ends Well"?
Ernst

Augustus said...

Thank you for your kind words Ernst (and Betty). Good luck with the mowing! I think I have seen a movie version and maybe one live production but none of them have stuck in my mind too well...