Sunday, June 26, 2011

More Driving and other stuff...

And even more. Well, first things first - we had a decent night's sleep at the motel. True, our next door neighbor did like listening to her TV a little loudly. And mom did wake up at 3 in the morning and think it was time to start the day (she went back to sleep eventually). And she did get poked in the back by the nubbins on the toilet seat so badly that she actually told everyone she met that day about them. But the breakfast was good. At least the waffle that I ate was yummy - my new thing - learned at the Atlantic City Comfort Inn, was to put cream cheese on my waffle! OMG!

The drive was long and mostly uneventful. I drove through a part of Virginia that I have never driven through before. I love going places I have never been before. And meeting people I have never met before. Tasting new things, experiencing new, er, experiences. Yippee!

We got to Bosey's almost two hours before we were supposed to. Luckily, Bosey and Bob had done the same thing! We drove up while they were still just getting back from their trip. What a wonderfully warm welcome we received! I am sure mom will survive her time there. Yippee again!

After getting mom settled, I hopped in the car and drove to Raleigh - a little over two hours. So I got to the Saucer almost two hours before I had planned. Big surprise - it hadn't changed drastically! The chalkboard looks redone - I will definitely take a picture of it at some point on this trip. Other than that, nada in the way of changes. Adam came in and sat with me. As did Kim and Russel. And Richard visited for a beer before heading off to a cool sounding concert. I chatted with Jeff and he assured me that there was no grand conspiracy to quash my book. Phew! And Jessica took a long time to look through my list of beers to help me choose what I ought to have! Thank you Jessica! She also came up with a plan to ship me beers from the store and then hand in tickets for me for my next plate. I doubt it would work, but it was a clever and thoughtful idea!

After the Saucer, I stopped in at Eric and Nancy's to drop off my stuff. They are so amazing to let me crash at their house! Thank you! Then off to Kevin's party held in my honor! Ok, it wasn't held in my honor - but it was fortuitous that it was being held the one weekend I was in town! Always a great group of people. I could probably write a couple of posts just about the party! And I sort of announced my candidacy for President in 2024. Gotta start sometime. :) Pictures from the party will be posted on my Facebook page (mostly)(someday).

Wow, full day. And today is a six plate-party day. Eeek!

Pictures from June 25, 2011:


There it is - the cream cheese slathered waffle! My fav is still the Texas shaped waffle I had once!


Anyone know what flower it is that looks like a flame? Saw this at a rest stop in Virginia...


Bosey on the right, Bob on the left and mom in the middle!


Two people had plate parties while I was there - a first and a second plate. Good for them!


Lots of shoes - I love that Kevin has people take their shoes off at his parties!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That flower is called a red hot poker flower.

Ma and I are fine. No problems!

Love,

Boseyunado

Augustus said...

Thank you Bosey!!