Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fear is the Mindkiller

So, my brain is a little dead now and again. I am afraid, off and on (I try not to dwell on fear causing thoughts) about a lot of things. All in the future - so they aren't really worth being afraid of. That being said, I just thought I would share.

I guess what I am most fearful of is what happens when mom can't be left alone by herself in the house. And what to do about that eventual eventuality. I hope it isn't for a long time yet, but apparently I need to be prepared for it. I worry about money, since I have so little coming in. And expenses just keep increasing. Sigh. And of course there are other things - like ending up in a similar way to my mom - I wonder what it feels like to lose one's ability to remember. And to be alone - without a significant other. I know we are all alone really, but still, it would be nice to share that aloneness with someone. :) I think couples live longer, don't they?

Gee, that was pleasant.

Ok, moving on. Yesterday was another day. And tomorrow will be too.

Yesterday, all my troubles...anyway - we successfully navigated all of our errands. Huzzah! Mom had her 10 minutes with Dr. Ryan and was not, as usual, thrilled with his attentiveness or lack thereof. I didn't go in with her since I do not have a health power of attorney yet. Next time - in four months, I will. Nothing too drastic was reported to me by mom - for what that is worth. Next was the library, where we once again were surprised to learn that mom has misplaced a couple of library books. One has subsequently been found! Yippee! Post office, nothing too exciting there. And we stopped in to see Morgan, the bartender. She had not practiced juggling! Although the visit was pleasant, I left feeling vaguely dissatisfied with the experience. I think mom had a good time, sipping her soda water and chatting with people. We met the sons of the Registrar from Hobart.

We had Mark's Pizzeria Pizza for dinner last night. Not scintillating. Glad to have experienced it but probably won't go that road again for a few years. Then the opera meeting. Suzanne needs someone to help her, so that is what I will do. I have offered to help in any way that she needs. We aren't communicating about the opera again until early July, so it is still mostly unclear to me what she expects, but I am ok with that. I will get my makeup book from Clayton, but other than that, no clue. Oh well. It will just be good to be participating in a production again!

Tomorrow, mom and I head to NC. I am not really looking forward to the trip - the drive especially. Posting may be lumpy, so please bear with me!

Pictures from June 22, 2011:


One of the myriad reasons I like my iPhone is for the ability to take stealthy pictures - like this one - I am not practiced at it enough to try it on people but maybe one day...


This was puffy pizza - not my favorite - but yummy enough.


Love, love, love this tree! I took four or five pictures of it yesterday!


There is just something amusing about this tree to me. And a little sad and droopy...

No comments: