Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Driving Day Again

Driving days are long! Especially since I didn't sleep all that well the last few nights. The night before last, I dreamt about becoming FB friends with a woman I had a crush on, only to find that I also friended her boyfriend, who kept sending me all sorts of crap. Sigh.

And a song kept going through my head. That doesn't happen frequently, but in conjunction with waking up all the time, it caused me to have less than optimal sleep. The song was an Alanis Morissette one - the one about Silence. I am not good at putting names to tunes. I recognize them ok, just can't put names to them. On the drive the song that kept going through my head was Bob Marley's One Love.

It was an especially long driving day. It started out ok - but I need to find a zippier way out of Raleigh. Up 1 is the straightest, but not zippy. Then, as I was toodling along, there was a message saying the 95 had been closed at exit 105 (ten miles before I was to exit) due to a major accident. I hope that no one was hurt too badly. But it did make me drive cross country for a long while. I don't know how much time I lost doing that. Though the countryside was pretty.

I was heading to meet someone from POF. Sadly, she didn't show. But that is ok. I did have fun driving to the middle of nowhere, through the middle of nowhere. There was no highway that took me anywhere near where we were supposed to be meeting. Oh well. I saw a lot of Pennsylvania that I might not ever see again. And Virginia, West Virginia and Maryland...Yippee!

Got home and mom was right off her head. Very sad. I hope that she and Karl and his family had a decent visit. Also sadly, I don't think that was the case. Do you read this Karl? I don't think you do. That, too, is sad. My clue was that she called me Karl at first. And then was upset because we had both snuck out without telling her. Karl had left the day before and I had just that minute driven up. Scary. And she has forgotten how to do crosswords again. I wonder if the brain doctor can recommend something else for her to stimulate brain activity. And now she wants me to put cream on her back. Eww. Sorry, I just don't see myself as that guy - the one who puts cream on his mother's back. I don't know why. I will probably get over it eventually, but eww. Karl suggests that I think of it as sun tan lotion. Still eww.

Ok, pictures from May 31, 2011:


Stuff here and in the back seat as well...


A one lane bridge found on the backroads of Virginia!

2 comments:

Sam said...

I wish Karl had a blog, his Christmas letters are the best.

Augustus said...

I don't remember Karl's Christmas letters...I will have to see if I get one this year...