Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ups and downs

Is everyone a little manic depressive or bi-polar? I would think so. No one can be up every second of every day. Ok, not no one. But the vast majority of people. And the same with down. So, a bit of flippy floppy is normal. And I was more on the floppy side yesterday. Not in a major way. Overall, I was in a happy mood and the day was good. I just got depressed over my lack of female companionship.

Plenty of Fish so far has not netted me amazing results. Nice people, but so far no love connections. And honestly, most of the people I initiate contact with still don't write back.

In the supermarket, I saw a couple that made me feel especially frustrated. Oh well. This too passed and will pass again.

Mom and I went to see Kungfu Panda 2 last night. Looks like there will be a third one as well, from the ending...She really is liking the animated movies. I would have been willing to see Bridesmaids or Hangover 2 or X-Men First Class as well. Oh and mom found a wayward library book that had disappeared! Phew!

Planning my next trip to NC is going to be fun. Mom and I will be traveling together since I can't very well leave her alone for 5 days. One night or two days perhaps might be ok. I would still be worried for her, though. Anyway, I need to head back to NC to get my car inspected - and to finish my darn 19th plate! Grrr. That is one of the most frustrating things about being here in Geneva. But it is saving me money! Anyone along the way want to put us up for a night or three?

Pictures from June 7, 2011:


Mom decided to she wanted to drop off a note to friends at the nursing home in Geneva. Seemed like an ok place...


Dinner - the pasta didn't have much taste - but the croquettes from Wegman's were yummy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure I am on the way for you but would LOVE to see you both. Consider leaving Ma here for a few days. I will take very tender and loving care of her while you go do the things you need to do in Clayton.

Bosey

Augustus said...

That is an awesome idea!!