Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Unexpected can be great!

I had a plan in mind. I often have a plan in mind. I like to have a plan in mind. That way, I haven't failed to plan or planned to fail or whatever that saying is. So, my plan was to go to the bicycle shop and test ride some bikes. I would really like a bike. I walked all the way down there - all the way being about 6/10s of a mile. And found they were closed. Always closed on Wednesdays. Whatever. I did, though stop at the bank and at a game store in town. I wish the game store luck. I can't imagine what their daily nut has to be. Digression, gotta love it.

So, anywho, I was mildly disappointed that the store was closed. Well, that just means that I get to go today. Yippee. I decided to continue with my plan and walk to Wegman's - another 6/10s of a mile. But I got sidetracked. I hadn't, as of yet, actually made it inside of Eddie O'Briens. And I don't know how often I will frequent the place. But I am getting ahead of myself. I went in and sat at the bar. I wasn't planning on staying, but Morgan, the bartender was too darned beautiful (sorry Morgan, had to say it) sweet, intelligent and personable for me to just say "hi" and leave. She was great and I know that whatever she does in life, she will do it excellently (with all of the caveats that go with life). She fed me lots of tastes of beer that I have already had. Yippee. And then a $1.50 pint of Yuengling - which, after all the tastes, wasn't too bad. I also met Greg. And a server named Tracy. And another server whose name escapes me just now. Maybe it will come to me. Anyway, I had a grand time with Morgan at Eddie O'Briens.

On my walk to Wegman's, I came across three young women all dressed the same, in Belhurst shirts. I spoke with them, because that is who I am. They are, it turns out, here working for three months at Belhurst. From Turkey! I will, one day, know their names. I apologize, but Turkish is not a language that I am familiar with, and their names were a challenge for me to absorb. They were on their way to the Big M market (Madia's) to get some groceries. I "made" them go to Wegman's instead. I think they were happy about that. Instead of making them walk home again, I walked, quickly, to get my car, so that I could drive them home. Sweet kids! I hope to run into them again before their time here is over.

So, the long and the short of it - say yes. Make a plan and take what comes - go with the flow - see the possibilities and pick the ones that offer the most growth, not the ones that offer the most safety or comfort. Life is too short for that.

I also went out to the Beef and Brew. It has quickly become my hangout of choice - at least on Mondays and Wednesdays. Met a whole slew of college staff members. Fun was had!

Pictures from June 8, 2011:


Step two - buy tennis balls - step one was accomplished when I brought my tennis racquet up from Clayton, NC. Now, I just need to get my butt out there and hit some balls. Sigh.


Can't help myself - I like taking pictures of the Seneca Lake!


This was in the shade. The other side said 97!


Taps and Morgan at the very end. Someone actually eager to be in a picture!


More of mom's peonies.

No comments: