Monday, June 20, 2011

reblogging and blogging and blogged

How does one know if one has been reblogged? I can't imagine that I have, but anything is possible. The stats continue to amaze me. I am getting visitors from all over the world. True, not many of them, but still...

More tennis yesterday. Not a lot more, but still...I like that phrase - but still...

Finished reading Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - moved to tears here and there. I would recommend it to people who like to read. :) Whether or not I will read his first novel, Everything is Illuminated, remains to be seen. I doubt I will get it from the library before we leave. Yup, we are leaving. Friday. Lots to do before that...

I got a call out of the blue - I like it when that happens - from a professor of mine from Hobart and William Smith. She is producing an opera and was wondering if I wanted to be in the Chorus. I told her I would be interested in helping out in any way that I could - and that I was traveling around the time of the performance, so I wasn't sure what I could do to help. There is an organizational meeting on Wednesday at Houghton House. Yippee!

Wednesday is also a doctor's appointment for mom. Life is good.

Oh, I get to take another bike for a test spin today. It might be "the one." Why can't finding a relationship be like buying a bicycle? :) Hmm, maybe it is...Now I just need to find a good "bicycle shop!"

Will Kelly, my Chinese English Student call again today? Anything is possible...

Pictures from June 19, 2011:


Now, who wouldn't want a piece of that? :) I like self timers on cameras!


And there it is - the camera that I have been using for most of the past 8 years!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

An opera? How cool! You should do it! There is nothing like being involved in a production. It is a great outlet and great way to meet new people, :) Lisa

Augustus said...

Exactly Lisa - my thoughts exactly. I am looking forward to it!