Sunday, June 19, 2011

Juicer

I bought my mom a juicer several years ago. Hmm, I wonder how many years ago...Anyway, she never used it. Understandably. It is huge and intimidating. And has a lot of parts that need to be cleaned.Cleaning right away works best. Anyway, I have mentioned it here before. I just like it. I think once a week or twice a week for fresh juice is not a bad thing. Yesterday's juice was grapes mostly, plus one nectarine and one apple. Yum! I have another watermelon to make more juice, but that will probably wait until Monday or so.

Two things I would like to accomplish in the nearish future: clean out a second drawer in the dresser in my room; I need a place to put pants and things. And one pass through one of the attic rooms. The front room. It is fairly neat already, but I would like to take a look and see if there is anything that is crying out to be gotten rid of. And maybe I will make that the sale room - put anything that might go up for sale in a yard sale in there. Anything is possible...

Oh, I tennised yesterday. All by myself. For about 20 minutes. I figure I need to start out slow. My hand was about to be sore from holding the racquet. It has been at least ten years, maybe longer, since I put racquet to ball. So two dozen serves, a dozen forehands and two dozen backhands and I called it a day. Yippee!

I give out cards as frequently as I can and hope that they don't all end up in the trash. I gave one to a woman from Brazil yesterday who I have crossed paths with a couple of times already. Perhaps people actually look at the blog. Not one has actually contacted me from the card. Yet. Hope springs eternal. There are very few good correspondents out there. Jeff is probably thinking that I am a bad one for not having responded to his last missives - but I will, Jeff - I will! And others - well, isn't it polite to ask questions of the other person? To show that one is interested in the other person's life? Statements do not a dialogue make...Oh, I still haven't heard from or remet the Turkish girls. Oh well.

Pictures from June 18, 2011:


Mom wanted me to mark my tennis balls for some reason. So I did.


Not a lot of people playing tennis yesterday. Maybe I will go up again today...

2 comments:

Jeffrois said...

I could — would — never think that you're bad, Augustus. I just figured I didn't say anything interesting enough to respond to.

Augustus said...

That isn't the case, either, Jeff. I did not feel interesting enough to respond. :)