Sunday, June 12, 2011

We've got Rain!

And I am happy about that. The Christmas tree that we had here in Geneva last year, a small, live tree, got planted, by my brother Karl, recently. And it was not looking like it wanted to live. So the rain is much needed. And I like things green. True, it is going to be cool for the next couple of days. That is actually a good thing. Much better than 95 degrees in the shade that we would be having down in NC. Hahahahahaha! (That was diabolical laughter, by the way...)

Sunday is another day as well. Neither my mom nor I go to church anymore. I was raised Episcopalian and went to church till I was about 14. Mostly to sing in the choir. I used to love to sing. I still like to, just don't get much opportunity. I would love to find an easy going barber shop quartet to join. I think I could do that. Hmm. Yet another thing to add to my list. And I would like to play the piano more than once every six months. Sigh.

Nothing too exciting about yesterday. Nothing too terrible either. I still didn't do any work on the book, though I did figure out a technical glitch and that is always a good thing. Mostly I made watermelon juice and cooked dinner. Egg rolls, shrimp eggrolls. And baked corn. It could have used twice the amount of spices that I used this time. I would have thought I had learned that by now. And I made more coleslaw. Mom likes coleslaw and if she will eat it, that is a good thing too!

Pictures from June 11, 2011:


Yum! One seedless watermelon made two full thingies of juice! I think all four of us had some. Did I say yum?


Corn is so cool!

2 comments:

Sam said...

Augustus's eggrolls are awesome!

Augustus said...

You are too kind, Sam!