Monday, June 6, 2011

Digital Age

Most of me is happy about living in the digital age. It just seems to make some stuff so easy. Like pictures. Taking pictures, sending pictures, using pictures. All much easier than with film. I was taking pictures the other day and mom kept asking me if I had enough film. I did my best not to laugh and answered carefully each time.

A Tea Place has opened in Geneva. I don't think it will last. Or rather, I will be super pleasantly surprised when it lasts longer than I expect. What is it - 120 days of newness before a place moves into the next phase. I wonder how long it has been opened. And it is a bit on the pricey side. Still, maybe mom and I will make a foray there before it disappears.

So many lunch places and so little time. Well, not really time, inclination. Unless I m traveling, I don't really want to eat out at lunch time. Weird? Yup. There are at least three places that serve only during the day here. All places I haven't been yet. Sigh.

Yesterday, the big excitement was a trip to Ling Ling Chinese buffet with my mom and Mary Gerhart. It is sort of a tradition. Mom and Mary used to go there about once a month. And mom would usually want to take me when I was in town. Just to see me speak Chinese with the servers. (And eat Chinese food) For some reason, mom is proud of my natural linguistic ability. Anyway, last night, I once again chatted with some of the servers in Chinese. One of them asked me to be her teacher - this is a typical Chinese thing to do. We shall see if anything comes of it. I don't know if she just wants me to talk to her in English, or if she actually wants me to teach her. And I don't know if she expects this for free, for exchange of services (she helps me with Chinese, I help her with English) or if she will be excited to throw wads of cash my way...

Today, more errands. Hurrah!

Pictures from June 5, 2011:


The Peonies are in fact popping! Sorry Juliet, I ought to have known that you would know when they were blooming!


Mary and mom earnestly chatting at the Chinese restaurant.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooh Augustus, you SHOULD experiment with film sometime, it would be fun. i could even scan it for you and we could make it digital all over again!

Augustus said...

Thank you Emily! I do like film and have played with it - you forget how old I am. :) Thank you for forgetting how old I am. :-)