Friday, June 24, 2011

Career-ish Choices

I am thinking seriously of choosing a next career and possibly going back to school. As many of you who have read this blog before are well aware.

First but not foremost we have comedian. Ok, so I do think I can be funny. Can I be funny consistently and to the masses? I think I can be. Really. I do. Honestly. I am not joking. Trust me. Damn, I said it. Poop. Anyway, moving on.

Psychologist - helping people part with their money so I can tell them a) things they already know and b) things they think they know and don't want to hear and c) things that they will probably never understand and think that I am just having another acid flashback. (Sorry Jeff - this is still in the running...)

Game designer - computer games specifically. If there is a methodology, I would like to learn it, apply it and transcend it. Mr. Modesty rides again.

Hair stylist - so, I love hair - I love women - most people who go to hair stylists are women. Ipso facto it would be a good career choice - at least for the short term. I don't think that anyone mentioned this in the brainstorming session! (Thank you everyone who came out for that - you are awesomeness personified!!)

Then there are the also rans - or rather the fields of study that it would just be cool to know - chef, rocket scientist, shoe salesman, pizza maker, heavy machine operator, pilot, massage therapist (though I have already taken enough hours and performed enough massage that I could probably pass an exam and get a license in the states that need one...) etc.

Did laundry and some shopping yesterday. Got a cool picnic basket that was a smidge too large for what I wanted it for - as a food storage place for the car. Oh well. It is still cool. And in a few hours, we hit the road and head for NC. Huzzah!

Pictures from June 23, 2011:


I am handy - I just don't really like to be - so mom and I are thinking of hiring a handy person - I like that this handyman is a handywoman. I'll call her when we return from NC.


The New McDonald's building is proceeding apace. They were working on paving the roads near it while I was doing laundry.


If I were a painter, this is what I would paint. I just love clouds and sky pictures...


The house and kitchen are chock full of great things - like this wide mouthed funnel! Perfect for anything you want in something else that could use a funnel but is too big for a regular one!


Remember when I mentioned wanting to clean out the front room of the attic - this is its current state...

4 comments:

Sam said...

Why not just pursue a career in specialty beer / hospitality? You are really into it and knowledgeable about it and it is a people business ... if the Flying Saucers won't give you feedback on your book, well, put them out of business by working for the competition! my 2¢

Augustus said...

And your two cents is (are) awesome Sam, as always!

Anonymous said...

That "front attic" looks liks a great spot for an office...Those three windows would make for a lovely view... :) Lisa

Augustus said...

Good thought Lisa! I think my half brother lived up there back in "the day."