Thursday, June 2, 2011

Stealth Sorting

Did I mention that my new plan is to do some stealth sorting? I think I have. I started yesterday. I took one of the myriad boxes of papers lying around the house and went through it with a wide toothed comb. Basically, anything that seemed like junk went into the recycle bin. Anything that might be of potential interest to mom or to posterity, went into the keep bin. I did a whole box yesterday and two thirds of it went to recycling! Now, if I can do a few of those a month, that would be good.

Surface area - have I mentioned this thought before? I could well be repeating myself. Maybe I have early onset Alzheimer's. I really need to find myself a good refrigerator box to live in someplace...anyway, back to surface area.

One of the notions I like is that it is generally good to increase one's surface area. No, I don't mean getting fat or bulked up - not that kind of surface area. The kind where people are involved. The more people you meet, the greater your surface area. The more frequently you step out your door into the world, the greater your surface area. And the greater your surface area, the better the chances are that you will meet someone you can't live without.

Of course, you also can't spread yourself too thin. That isn't good for anyone. As in all cases - moderation in all things (including moderation).

Do you like having a crush on someone? I have mixed feelings about it, myself...

I did some laundry yesterday and went to the grocery store. I think I would like to go to the grocery store again today. It is a cool day here in Geneva. I think we are going to top out at 63!

Pictures from June 1, 2011:


I like to fold laundry. Is that weird?


Saw these lovely irises while out on a walk yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the surface area idea....I think it is just good for mental health, never mind meeting the person of your dreams....

Augustus said...

Good point and well taken - though finding the person of my dreams wouldn't be bad either. :)