Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Tipping Point

I am not sure where I heard about this book, but I did and I am reading it. The Tipping Point: How Little Things can Make a Big Difference, by Malcolm Gladwell. Worthwhile read if you are interested in how things change in a dramatic fashion, sometimes. I am reading, which is a good thing.

Ok, I have a plan today. I plan to get this blog done. That's it. The whole plan. Ta da!

Ok, no, that isn't the whole plan. After the blog, I am going to get up and do my morning stuff. Then, dishes or neatening the kitchen. Then I plan to actually get some work done on Diary of a Plate Addict. The week will be ending soon and I want to be finished with my part of the editing so that I can get it to Heather. I figure two more drafts and I will be done, such as it is. I am still worried since I didn't hear back from any of the Saucers. Sigh. I really would like to sell some copies of the book - and I think I could with a modicum of support from the Saucer Universe. Glargh. (I like that non-word).

Then, after that, I will head to the beer festival in Watkins Glen. Woo hoo!

Yesterday was a nice day. I took a walk to the bank, stopped in to say hi to Morgan. Then mom and I went to see Madame Butterfly - a rebroadcast of a performance earlier in the year. Great production - very cool - used some Bunraku techniques and a lot of fun stagecraft. A bit too much singing for my taste, but that's what one gets in opera...

It ended too late for us to have Indian Food, so we stopped at Denny's. Oh and Geneva is getting a Denny's again. The last one closed, hmm, 20 years ago? Could it be that long ago?

Oh, plans for heading to North Carolina proceed apace. It looks like we will be leaving here on Friday, June 24 and heading back to NYS on Wednesday, June 29. Mom will spend most of that time with a family friend, Bosey, while I do what I need to do in and around Raleigh. Yippee!

Thank you all for reading! Tell your friends! I need more visitors and more followers if I am to reach my goal of 25 by year's end...

Pictures from June 15, 2011:


The view again - I never get tired of it.


The benches along the view!

No comments: